PDA

View Full Version : qd over Klasse

Gjtracer
05-22-2002, 07:45 PM
I am new to the board, so sorry if this has been asked before.

I just detailed my car with Klasse AIO and two coats of Klasse SG and topped with a coat of P21S wax. Can I use the

Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl Instant Detail Spray as a QD spray over the P21S? Should I just wash the car with plain water before using the QD spray?

Thanks!!

tasdisr

oorc51
05-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Yeah you can use any QD over a waxed surface. But if there is no wax on the car, then you should stay away from the QD`s that contain traces of carnuaba.

porterdog
05-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Exactly the combo that I use. Works fine, but the EFCP doesn`t look as good at the P21S (S100 in my case...) Not too surprising :)

R

ernie
05-23-2002, 04:44 PM
tasdisr: I QD my black F150 with EFCP only after washing the truck with either GC or the p21s shampoo (use them a bit more dilute than normal if you wish, but I wouldn`t use water alone). I`ve been trying QD every time I wash (every week or two, and only if I`m not going to apply another coat of p21s wax). Over p21s wax, the EFCP looks pretty good in my case (I can`t say with certainty that it looks as good as p21s carnauba alone, but it`s pretty close after you buff it out) (full disclosure, I use p21s gepc under the p21s wax, not Klasse as you and porterdog do).

ernie

imported_Intermezzo
05-23-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by porterdog

Exactly the combo that I use. Works fine, but the EFCP doesn`t look as good at the P21S (S100 in my case...)

Huh? Are you comparing a QD spray with a paste carnauba wax? :)

Originally posted by tasdisr

Should I just wash the car with plain water before using the QD spray?

For your normal car wash sessions, I would second ernie`s recommendation to use a mild car shampoo and then use the detail spray after drying your car to remove any water spots, streaks and to add to your car`s shine.

Rinsing your car down and then using EFCP in the drying process would actually be more of a QD session. This would work fine when your car only has a light amount of dust on it and very little embedded dirt.

porterdog
05-24-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

Huh? Are you comparing a QD spray with a paste carnauba wax? :)

I`m comparing how my car looked after a wash/S100 session to how it looked after the following wash/EFCP session. The washes were about a week apart, so the S100 was still nearly full strength. Not exactly a _fair_ comparo I`ll admit, but I expected great things from the CP given it`s rep. :) How much harder is it really to apply a creamy paste wax like S100/P21S than a QD product, anyway? Not much for my tiny car...

Robert

getfit74
05-24-2002, 07:41 AM
You are not QDing over Klasse, its a QD over the wax. Your S/G days are over until you strip the Klasse and start over. Once a wax topper is used the S/G will not properly bond to the surface. As such you can now proceed like any other detailed with wax surface. Think of the underlying Klasse as a protective barrier, and whatever is on top as your surface to be concerned with. After about 4-6 months wash your car with a good stong car wash solution, reapply AIO and you can begin layering S/G once again. :xyxthumbs

imported_Intermezzo
05-24-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by porterdog

I`m comparing how my car looked after a wash/S100 session to how it looked after the following wash/EFCP session. The washes were about a week apart, so the S100 was still nearly full strength. Not exactly a _fair_ comparo I`ll admit, but I expected great things from the CP given it`s rep. :) How much harder is it really to apply a creamy paste wax like S100/P21S than a QD product, anyway? Not much for my tiny car...

Robert

Oh! OK, gotcha!

Taxlady
05-25-2002, 02:38 AM
I`m guessing: QD = quick detail, and EFCP is a brand, but what is S/G?

buldog
05-25-2002, 03:16 AM
Check out this area amd many other`s. A great feature is the search function to help learn the terms and other great tips.

Read on there is lots to learn.

http://www.autopia-carport.com/terms.htm