PDA

View Full Version : ~*Micro Fiber*~

Deep Gloss
05-22-2002, 07:14 PM
To whom it may concer,

I am new to the forum, and all I can say is WOW. This is one great site! I have a little problem that I can not seam to solve. When I clean my windows with a MF cloth it seams to always leave MF lint all over which looks terrible when light reflects of the strands. What can I do to correct this? Thank you for the help!:)

99323ic
05-22-2002, 07:42 PM
I`m with BlackRegal...I`ve had my Viper Glass Cleaning Cloths (http://www.properautocare.com/vipglasclean.html) from Classic Motoring Accessories (http://www.properautocare.com) for over 1 year..None of the mf towels that I have purchased from them have ever linted (I may be among the more fortunate) and they have held up really well. A great towel...

Deep Gloss
05-22-2002, 07:47 PM
That is where I ordered them from (viper package)..... Do you think it could be how I am washing them??

porterdog
05-22-2002, 08:09 PM
...Tonight I did a wash/dry/window clean on my miata using a viper detailing cloth to QD following the wash and the Viper GCC (glass cleaning cloth, natch!) for the windows (radical! :) ). I got lint on my paint and on my windows. All my towels have been washed at least 8 times, too.... Any thoughts?

R

Lemonxxs
05-22-2002, 09:43 PM
Try this:

Spray glass cleaner.

smoosh it around with a MF

buff with a cotton surgical towel.

The surgical towels do not leave lint...well not for me.:D

THe viper glass cloth works too but I prefer the surgical towel.

Deep Gloss
05-22-2002, 09:44 PM
I wash all my MF stuff together, and my Terry stuff seperate. Is this necessary, or can I just wash them together? Also I just use regular detergent (does the water have to be a certain temp.) And tumble dry on low temp. This is so frustrating...:nixweiss

Lemonxxs
05-23-2002, 08:14 AM
Wash and Dry Mf separate. So lint does not build up on them.

HOt water.

Double rinse.

Clean and wipe dryer out first to remove lint.

Dry on medium heat.

Jngrbrdman
05-23-2002, 08:28 AM
I`ve never had a mf towel lint. I hand wash them and let em air dry. That could have something to do with it. I love my Vipers. I`m not a mf towel connoisseur like some people on the board but I do love those Vipers. ;)

porterdog
05-23-2002, 02:52 PM
I wash all MF items in thier own load, with a triple rinse (watching the second rinse I am amazed at how much suds are developed!).

All are hung dry. (Did use the dryer once when I was in a pinch but wiped it out first).

The lint on my car was...... microlint!

I`ll try washing on gentle cycle next time; perhaps the mechanical action of the washer is causing it.

Thanks,

Robert

Lemonxxs
05-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Porter do a search for a post by FLONI about the viper...I remember he had the problem but fixed it .... I think by washing and/or wetting and wringing or something like that.