PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire with a PC????

Green Monster
05-22-2002, 09:06 AM
Who has Blackfire and can you apply it with a PC and have GREAT results? I mean GRRRRRRREATTTTTT results. My Meguiar`s stuff ain`t cutting it anymore. I have a Dark Green Ford Ranger with great paint just want the best SHINE!

I am thinking of getting some. I check the old threads and there is mixed opions but DavidB I think has convicted me with the write up he did.

What do you use to prep before the BFP and BF besides clay and dawn. Maybe #9 or Madallion paint cleaner or something else?

imported_BretFraz
05-22-2002, 09:21 AM
I`ve applied BF with a PC and it worked great. I usually do the polish by PC and protectant by hand but both can be done by PC if you want.

For great results prep is key. Claying, polishing, swirl removal, all that stuff is critical to a great shine. The BF will only look better if you do all the prep work necessary prior to using it.

blackrex
05-22-2002, 02:19 PM
I used PC to apply both BF polish and protectant with excellant results. For prep I used dawn, clay, SMR where needed, dawn again then BF polish and protect. Do not get BF wet or use in direct sunlight. And BF will stain, to some degree, trim. So be carful around trim mask it or use vinyl protectant first.

KR CoolShine
05-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Green Monster

but DavidB I think has convicted me

So now we have a Mayor`s Court here in Autopiaville?

:eek:

All hail Hizzoner, the Mayor. :bow

Green Monster
05-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Sorry my bad spelling strikes again, I mean convinced.

KR CoolShine
05-22-2002, 03:28 PM
Sorry, could not resist.

:wavey

Dave N
05-22-2002, 06:49 PM
I Blackfired the back half of my truck a couple of weeks ago using a PC. I used 3M SMR with a over-the-counter yellow foam pad, then BF polish with the CMA white pad, and applied the BF protectant with the CMA black pad. This was my first time using a PC, and it turned out great for the most part. I clayed and put two more coats of BF protectant on this last weekend.

I wasn`t overly impressed with the SMR, though. It left some hazing in a couple of areas, and there are still some swirl marks. Maybe this was because of my inexperience with the PC, though. I got some Autoint SMR, and I`m going to try that whenever I BF the front of the truck.

http://online.supern.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=8&Product_ID=51&CATID=11