PDA

View Full Version : Griots Engine Gloss

Pages : [1] 2

jleev
05-21-2002, 11:12 PM
Any one had experience with the Griots Engine Gloss Product?

Thanks,

Jleev

imported_arturopuente
05-22-2002, 01:31 PM
I love the stuff! Just spray on and let dry DO NOT WIPE! It really dresses the engin.

:shocked

Craig

corvettez
05-22-2002, 02:14 PM
What sort of residues are left behind with that type of application? Is it a foam and what about components that you wouldn`t normally want to get wet?

jleev
05-22-2002, 02:16 PM
How does it look/work on metal items....... manifolds, starter etc...?

Thanks,

Jleev

imported_arturopuente
05-22-2002, 02:38 PM
It dosent hurt a thing and sprays like a clear lacqure. Works best on black hoses and metal. No residue and washes up clean as a whistle.

:bow

craig

Brad B
05-22-2002, 08:07 PM
I have some and have used it. I like it for some applications mainly wiring looms and places where high gloss is acceptable. I think it is WAY too high gloss for overall use.

For overall use I think Stoners Trim Shine is a more appropriate product. It has a more OEM satin gloss, dries faster, has UV protection and will not crack off or form any shell coating.

The pic is of a very dirty engine which was not cleaned but sprayed with Trim Shine only. Works great. Good for wheel wells also.

http://fototime.com/CF029BE0478198B/standard.jpg

Sirslap2
05-22-2002, 08:25 PM
Any dangerous silicones in the Stoners, Griots, or even the CD2?

Brad B
05-22-2002, 08:49 PM
There is silicone to some degree in all of them. "Bad" silicones are silicones are silicones that contain solvent cleaners that dry rubber and cause cracking. Also a thing to note is that silicones and UV protection do not mix well so something high in UV protection is not going to be high in silicones.

The least rubber friendly product is the Griots.

DETAILKING
05-22-2002, 09:03 PM
Do you wipe? Or spray and walk away?

Brad B
05-23-2002, 07:41 AM
Mostly a spray and walk. But for larger smooth surfaces I wiped them down a bit, too. It`s a dressing similar to 303 in consistency but it comes out in an aerosol initally. It will eventually dry in place but can be rubbed in and made to be even more satin in appearance.

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 08:15 AM
I use 303 on my engine bay. How much longer does this product last?

Brad B
05-23-2002, 08:20 AM
I did the application in the photo you see above on May 9th. I took the photo last night. So far so good. No deterioration at all. I am very happy with the product. I had some samples given to me and now plan to buy some for myself! I am a firm believer in taking your time and going through the engine bay piece at a time and doing a thorough detailing. But I have to admit when time is a problem this is the way to go! Cool!

Preachers Sheets
05-23-2002, 08:24 AM
I do not have alot of plastic in my engine bay to dress up and make the motor look fancy smancy. Just alot of metal, you can see the exhaust manifold, heads, water pump and all kinds of stuff like that.

Brad B
05-23-2002, 08:27 AM
Good for you! Too much plastic nowdays. What motor? Any pics?

I have the same issues with the Jag. All aluminum, steel, porcelin and glass.

http://www.fototime.com/2EB7186E64E7709/standard.jpg

turnipgreen
05-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Is there any smell left around after application of these products? I`m on a short leash with engine detailing with my wife, as any bad odor after the detail puts her in a rage. I`ve got a bottle of the EF citrus engine degreaser to try, but haven`t put it on yet. Are these products that would clean as well, or should I use the EF degreaser then follow with this as a dressing?