PDA

View Full Version : platinum and klasse?

medic
05-21-2002, 03:01 PM
I just received Klasse SG, AIO, and platinum samples from tascar (great site) and am really anxious to try both. Can you use the klasse along with the platinum? I figure the shampo is not a problem, but the UPP and gloss spray could be.

Btw, does anyone know how long the platinum UPP lasts sicne it is a polymer? 6 months? Does the surface needed to be preped with something like AIO first or is the shampoo sufficient?

imported_JeffBruce
05-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Just did the Platinum Shampoo - cleaner - protectant.

Looks great...not sure how long it will last, see you in 6 months.

jeff

I would you Klasse on one car and Platinum on another....prep car before applying both

jeff

Jngrbrdman
05-21-2002, 03:20 PM
I don`t know that I would use the paint cleaner over Klasse. Maybe our sponsor from 4 Star will pitch in some advice on this subject. :)

BradE
05-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Btw, does anyone know how long the platinum UPP lasts sicne it is a polymer? 6 months?

I have spoken with people who have tried the product, the best information I have put`s it around a 2-3 month product.

rstype
05-21-2002, 09:45 PM
The Platinum is designed to last longer than a carnauba, but not as long as a synthetic sealant such as Klasse or Zaino.

05-21-2002, 09:49 PM
It seems to be the same as blackfire, 2-3 month durability. I just got some blackfire, so I will but it to the test :xyxthumbs

rstype
05-21-2002, 10:33 PM
I`ve IM`ed the sales rep of 4 Star, and he confirmed me that the two are not the same thing. The two are both “water-based polymers†but are made from different companies from a different source. CMA buys their polymers from Wacker-Chemie Germany, while 4 Star buys them from Vopac and Dow Corning USA. They do, however, have the same bottle supplier in Florida. Platinum contains acrylic co-polymers, amino functional polymers, and siloxane family silicone polymers; I’m not sure about Blackfire. They use “super polymers†though. :D

Oh, and Platinum works best when left out to dry, whereas BF seems to be more of a wipe-on, wipe-off product.

Note: I haven’t used either of them†this source is from 4 Star.

imported_Intermezzo
05-21-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by BW

CMA buys their polymers from Wacker-Chemie Germany, while 4 Star buys them from Vopac and Dow Corning USA.

Oh well that`s interesting. DR. O.K. WACK CHEMIE....the same company/person that created the P21S wax.

Originally posted by BW

They use “super polymers†though. :D

[/i]

You`re Killing me BW....Just Killin me!! lol :D