PDA

View Full Version : Car hit by paint can - HELP!!

jrt81
05-21-2002, 02:19 PM
A friend of mine from another board was driving his car behind a paint truck. A can fell off the truck and exploded paint all over the front of his car. He made it to a self serve car wash and tried to get as much off as possible, but alot remains. What can he do?? I recommended claying? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Update - he tried claying but to no avail.

Preachers Sheets
05-21-2002, 02:23 PM
I ran over a can of spray paint once. I have gobs the size of your finger nail all the way to dots the size of a needle tip on 60% of my car. It was HORRIBLE.

It was Ron Ketchman who helped me. I just went to a hardware store, bought a gallon of mineral spirits, got a clean cloth really really really wet with the stuff and gentle rubbed the paint off, it worked well beyond my expectations. I went from "thinking my car was dead" to "thinking it was a little mistake". It is clear coat safe and you don`t need to rub hard, best of all, it should be under 5.00

After you use this stuff I would recommend you wash your car 3 or 4 times to get all the residue off and then correct swirls and wax or use a sealent. If done right you`ll never know anything happended to your paint.

jrt81
05-21-2002, 03:34 PM
Thanks joed1228. Anyone else have any tips????

Preachers Sheets
05-21-2002, 03:43 PM
ketch@autoint.com

E-mail that guy and ask him, he has years of exp in the detailing feild and probaly can give you more information.