PDA

View Full Version : Fieldcrest "Crown Jewel"

ralessi
05-20-2002, 11:55 PM
Are these worth anything? I came upon some new bath towels of this make and some hand towels as well... I can get more but can they be used for anything or are they not plush enough? Could I at least use them for blotting or wiping down interior/wheels/tires? What about drying? Thanks for any help

raley

Preachers Sheets
05-21-2002, 10:05 AM
If I was you I would get just one towel, cut it in 12 sections and sew the edges. They are good for washing, drying and removing products. Microfibers DO work better but for the prices of 12 sections compared to one or two microfiber towels I think it`s well worth it.

I have 48 sections of FeildCrest towels. Just sewed up about 8 of them, you really need to sew them.

ALAN81
05-21-2002, 10:18 AM
as good as they are for bath towels I would not use them on my car I prefer

MF towels but the towels are good it just depends on what you like for your auto

Preachers Sheets
05-21-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by ALAN81

as good as they are for bath towels I would not use them on my car I prefer

MF towels but the towels are good it just depends on what you like for your auto

Alot of people feel bath towels and are scared to use them. To tell you the truth, I used to use the shop towels (white ones) from AutoZone on my Saturn and didn`t get any swirls.

HOWEVER, I do understand what your saying when you say your uncomfortable using a "bath towel" on your car but you should just feel one of these sometime. They take a towel to a new level with this fabric. It`s like the cotton is alot more dense and soft. I feel 100% safe using them, it`s just that they won`t absorb certian products like a microfiber will.

ralessi
05-21-2002, 10:03 PM
Well do you think this particular towel would cause swirls during drying? I have some MF`s to use for buffing and glass but I didn`t really want to spend around 50 bucks for 3 large drying MF`s when I can get these bath towels for free. Just wondering... Thanks.

raley