PDA

View Full Version : P21S and waxtest.org related?

SoTex
05-20-2002, 10:18 PM
Taken from thewaxtest.org:

We`re working on redesigning the site and trying to build in a little more interactiveness. We`re also gearing up for Round 2 of The Wax Test - we`ve got some Porsche and Mercedes test panels, and we`ve got a whole slew of new ideas which will bring better, more verifiable results to you, our faithful visitors. Things are looking great!

Taken from p21s.com:

P21S Paste Wax is the only wax tested to receive a slew of "A" grades.

From p21s.com click on News

I just found the use of the word "slew" interesting. Also, I have not seen any other waxes quoting thewaxtest.org.

I`m a soon-to-be fan of p21s (hopefully), but I was just curious. (I just received my p21s kit, but have yet to try it.)

Scottwax
05-20-2002, 10:49 PM
I don`t think they are related in any way. The reason no other wax manufacturer is quoting the waxtest results is because they didn`t win. Can you imagine the ad? We`re #2! Not likely.

SoTex
05-20-2002, 10:53 PM
Does anyone have the original results from thewaxtest? I would love to have it as a pdf, word, or any format. Thanks.

I just found the use of the word "slew" by both sites unusual. I know I don`t hear many people using that word on a daily basis.

imported_BretFraz
05-20-2002, 11:05 PM
I think not. Looks to me like P21S "stole" info from Thewaxtest.com results and are using it as a promotional vehicle. Since Thewaxtest.com was not quoted directly, P21S may feel they are entitled to a little creative license here (I`m being generous in stating that).

So, if anything, its the opposite of what you theorize.

bjwebster
05-20-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

I think not. Looks to me like P21S "stole" info from Thewaxtest.com results and are using it as a promotional vehicle. Since Thewaxtest.com was not quoted directly, P21S may feel they are entitled to a little creative license here (I`m being generous in stating that).

So, if anything, its the opposite of what you theorize.

Bret is correct from what I understand.

thewaxtest.org`s lawyers are dealing with it now.

ralessi
05-20-2002, 11:09 PM
Does anyone have the original wax test? I am wondering why they don`t just keep it up on the site... oh well

raley