PDA

View Full Version : Sonax Gloss Shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

rabbi
07-05-2004, 07:46 PM
I read on a different website that Sonax Gloss Shampoo can be purchased at Mini Cooper dealerships.It` doesn`t go by the name Sonax Gloss Shampoo. I have not researched this to factual or not.

Boss_429
07-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Rick,

I think Marj (awd330) can give us more info on the BMW version of the Sonax gloss shampoo........... don`t think it`s quite the same? :dunno

The Chee
07-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Rick,

I think Marj (awd330) can give us more info on the BMW version of the Sonax gloss shampoo........... don`t think it`s quite the same? :dunno

I have 3 bottles of the BMW Autowash, it`s brilliant, usd $7++ for a litre. Lots of suds, I find it has good lubricity, and leaves my car glossy, it definitely leaves something behind.My mom commented on whether I had waxed the car again after I used it, the glossiness wasn`t from the wax I used at that time (Meguair 3 step carnauba wax), due to the hot weather, the wax was almost gone. Good stuff I must say, the smell is nothing to shout about unlike zaino`s shampoo or 4* Autowash

awd330
07-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Rick,

I purchased a bottle of the BMW Shampoo a couple weeks ago. At $7.25 for 1000 ml, it was certainly a reasonable price. I`ve only had the chance to use it once so far (had planned to give it a thorough testing this holiday weekend, but a nasty sinus infection had me down & out :(). Anyway, my first impression was that it looked like Sonax Gloss and smelled like it too. It also had generous amounts of suds and good lubricity. The only thing that might have been different was that it didn`t seem quite as concentrated. I don`t have any Sonax Gloss Shampoo left to do a direct comparison. I am only going by my recollection of the product.

I hope to give the BMW shampoo another try this week. I`ll post a follow-up to this thread at that time.

The Chee
07-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by awd330
I purchased a bottle of the BMW Shampoo a couple weeks ago. At $7.25 for 1000 ml, it was certainly a reasonable price.

What does your BMW autowash look like? Is it the grey bottle or translucent one where you can see the orange liquid inside?

awd330
07-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by The Chee
What does your BMW autowash look like? Is it the grey bottle or translucent one where you can see the orange liquid inside?
It`s the grey bottle, but they also had one transparent bottle left for me to see. Both bottle types seemed to contain the same shampoo (just going by look and smell).

awd330
07-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Here is a picture of the bottle and contents.

Tassadar
07-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Mmm, purdy bottle.

rabbi
07-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Thanx for the info fellow boardmembers. I`ll have to go by the BMW store.

awd330
07-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks to Rabbi, I now have some Sonax Gloss Shampoo on hand to do a head to head comparison with the BMW Shampoo. It`s raining in buckets today, so I`ll have to save the actual test for another day. However, I have compared the look and feel of the two products. Based upon my observations, I have to conclude that the two are not the same formula. The BMW Shampoo is a darker orange color, and it also has a thicker consistency.

I`ll post a follow-up after I`ve tried using both shampoos side by side. In the meantime, here is a photo of the two products poured onto a plate. The Sonax is on the left, and the BMW Shampoo is on the right.

Boss_429
07-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Marj,

Yea.......... I suspected that they would be different. Nine times out of ten, auto manufactures opt for their own version of products.............. and it`s not always for the better. Still, the BMW shampoo may be very close to the original formula.

Keep us posted............. I only have enough Sonax for another 2 years! :D

rabbi
07-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Bossman, Sonax for two years! You ain`t right man!:D

edschwab1
07-23-2004, 11:15 PM
What is the BMW part #?

How does the wash compare to P21s wash? Besides color and smell.

Eric

MrC
07-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Is NTS7 Gloss Shampoo the same as Sonax Gloss Shampoo? They imply it on their site and it says Sonax on the bottle.
NTS7.com

rabbi
07-24-2004, 03:56 PM
MrC I have no idea!:dunno