PDA

View Full Version : Question Concerning Klasse

McMustang
05-19-2002, 03:23 PM
I`ve decided that I am going to use Klasse on my car from now on...Klasse and only Klasse. Here is the thing, though. Can I put say 2 layers of the AIO on before I put 2 Layers of the SG? Because here is my plan for using the Klasse...Tell me what you think.

1) Wash car with Dawn

2) Z-18: Zaino Clay Bar

3) Wash car with Z-7

4) Apply coat of Klasse AIO

5) Wash with Z-7

6) Apply coat of Klasse AIO

7) Wash with Z-7

8) Apply coat of Klasse SG

9) Wash with Z-7

10) Apply coat of Klasse SG

This process of course would take a few days but does it sound like I have the right idea here or am I way off track? Any tips would be great. Thanks.

thecarguyGP97
05-19-2002, 04:14 PM
That sounds good to me. If you do two coats of AIO, that will just cleanse/polish the paint a little more. The only results that you should recieve from doing this is a smoother, cleaner finish! Good luck w/ the Klasse. I just started using it and i like it a lot!

Jngrbrdman
05-19-2002, 04:20 PM
You could probably save yourself some time if you didn`t wash between each layer. It isn`t really neccessary. More than one coat of AIO isn`t probably going to be neccessary on your car either. AIO is more of a paint cleaner than anything else. I figure that after you do the Dawn wash and clay then you probably have most of the crud off. One layer of AIO is all you are going to need. Unlike SG, AIO doesn`t really layer. It just keeps removing itself upon each new layer.

About 5 layers is the pinnacle for SG. Much more beyond that and you are in the land of diminishing returns. I had a zillion layers of SG on my car and there really wasn`t much of a difference between layer 5 and layer 15. You can do one layer a day of SG. If you plan on doing it right then you want to give it 24 hours cure time between coats. If you wait 24 hours then you either want to wash it again or just QD it. There is going to be some dust on the car just from sitting there for a day so getting it off is important between coats. You can put 2 coats of SG on in one day but I would wait. :xyxthumbs Klasse is going to look great on your car. Be sure to post pics when you are done. :D