PDA

View Full Version : which Glaze?

58fury
05-19-2002, 12:34 PM
Hey, I`m just wondering which glaze to buy, Meg #7 show car glaze, 3M perfecit III finishing glaze, or 3M Imperial hand glaze? I currently use Meg #20 ploy sealant and Gold class/#26 yellow wax. I`ve heard good things about 3M`s products, and want to buy a glaze, but which one? Keep in mind i have a Reflex silver car.

imported_doug
05-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Haven`t used FI-III FG but have used the others.

1) IHG - good product, nice finish, apply thin and buff off while still wet. Can cause streaking/staining on darker cars due to difficulty in applying evenly.

2) Meguiar`s #7 - also good product - maybe a little more gloss and a little less depth than the IHG, but I doubt you`d see the difference on anything but black. I like to apply it with the orbital. A little "sticky" to buff off, which is easily solved by using detail spray.

58fury
05-19-2002, 02:31 PM
hey thanks, i think ill end up trying meg #7 show car glaze, seeing how i already use meg products.

58fury
05-19-2002, 02:33 PM
oh ya forgot to tell ya, if i had your cars i wouldn`t be able to stop waxing either:eek:

imported_JeffBruce
05-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Meguiars has said Machine Glaze has replaced Show Car Glaze but because of Show Cars big following..they will keep it...

Machine Glaze is great when used with a Pc

jeff

Ps

On Silver cars I use Klasse...

58fury
05-19-2002, 03:11 PM
i`d like to use klasse, but i can get 3M and Meg stuff in town, with klasse id have to order it from states? if there is a place in the Ottawa area im not aware of it.