PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Durability for "Daily Driver" cars

2002camry
05-19-2002, 08:23 AM
Hi,

I seem to hear may good things about Zaino products. The problem I have is that in Toronto, products like Klasse, Blackfire, Pinnacle, etc. are not readily available here.

I have heard that Zaino is available here in the Greater Toronto Area. From the web site, it seems that Zaino is pretty labour intensive and not something I would want to do. let alone a senior citizen do as well.

Blackfire and Klasse seemed like the best way to go. Get the car washed, apply Klasse All In One and then the High Gloss Sealant and it would be relatively easy. The problem is this stuff is not found in Canada :mad:

What products that are available in Toronto would you recommend to use. I want something that gives me a GOOD shine and lasts about 3 to 6 months.

Thanks

rstype
05-19-2002, 11:07 AM
Hello! I would try searching for "zaino winter durability." Most of us agree that it provides decent protection for Canadian winters with very good durability.

Here, take a look:

<iframe src="http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=53476&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending" name="myiframe" scrolling=auto width=660 height=400 frameborder=0></iframe>

dlw
05-19-2002, 01:50 PM
I drove my Jeep Cherokee thru the Nebraska winter this year, washed it 9 times at a quarter car wash using their detergent and multiple times at home using Zaino`s Z-7 car wash. The Zaino seemed to hold up all winter, as it was still beading water. As far as ease of use, yes, the first application takes some prep to make sure you`ve got a good base to start with, but after that, I`ve never used another product that was easier to apply and buff off. I`m not a Zaino fanatic, as I`m going to try Souveran on my Corvette soon, just for a new project.

2k2blackWRX
05-19-2002, 02:57 PM
Oh no!

BW is gonna go on an Iframe frenzy now that he knows how to do it!!!

Oh and I found zaino to last the winter fine for me and it was my first application of any wax/polish ever. In about a week I am stripping all of my zaino getting rid of all my swirls and reapplying the zaino.

I will take pics after I get done.

B

BradE
05-19-2002, 03:12 PM
I have Zaino on my "daily drivers" and it lasted through the Cincinnati winter. I washed the car whenever I could due to the cold temps, I think I averaged a wash about every week and a half, after 4 months the water still beaded just like the day it was applied. :up

vettefan67
05-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by BW

Here, take a look:

:D :D