PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard this one? Clay removes swirls?!

Jngrbrdman
05-18-2002, 09:23 PM
A guy on another forum that I vist says that clay removes scratches and swirls. A guy said that he tried it on his black car and noticed that nearly all the swirls were gone. Have you ever heard that one? I wasn`t aware that clay had any swirl removing capabilities. Maybe if the swirls were in the wax and the clay stripped the wax, but....... I don`t know. Shout out if this story holds water or if its just another `washing with woolite` method.:nixweiss

2k2blackWRX
05-18-2002, 10:55 PM
some clays have abraisives soo...

Possibly..

B

MicroRacer
05-19-2002, 06:24 AM
Not to my knowlege. but I have never used the abraisive bars.

That would be sweet though..........

forrest@mothers
05-19-2002, 09:58 AM
It`s an old (new?) wive`s tale.

Clay removes bonded/embedded contaminants from above the paint surface.

It has no way to "remove" a swirl mark, since a swirl is actually a minute scratch - where the paint is gone. Won`t do anything for oxidation, either.

BTW, clay wont cure AIDS, impotence, hair loss, high blood pressure or anything else that ails you - just the bonded contaminants from your paint surface. I even sat one on my checkbook, and it failed to balance it.

rstype
05-19-2002, 10:51 AM
ROFLMAO.... hahahahah!

Originally posted by forrest

BTW, clay wont cure AIDS, impotence, hair loss, high blood pressure or anything else that ails you - just the bonded contaminants from your paint surface. I even sat one on my checkbook, and it failed to balance it.

nerdhunters
05-19-2002, 12:31 PM
I have never seen clay remove even the slightest swirls, maybe some other clay does by Poly clay sure doesn`t.

imported_Intel486
05-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Maybe the swirls the person had was in a layer of wax and the clay simply removed the wax which contained the swirls?

We're Here
05-19-2002, 02:28 PM
My initial thought mirrors that of Intel486. There certainly couldn`t be any other logical explanation

Jngrbrdman
05-19-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

Maybe the swirls the person had was in a layer of wax and the clay simply removed the wax which contained the swirls?

That is pretty much what I was thinking too. I just don`t see any other way that the clay removed the swirls. He says he was using the clay magic bar to do it with too.