PDA

View Full Version : I PC`d and Souveran`d my Porsche

Chalky
05-18-2002, 07:42 PM
After much research and advice from the members of this great board, I just spent last night and this morning detailing my 1988 Black 911. I did the following:

Wash

Meguiar`s #9 2.0 applied with PC

Meguiar`s liquid Gold Class applied with PC removed by hand

A topper of Souveran, applied and removed by hand.

Like most who have the PC, I should of purchased this tool a long time ago. IMO, if you`re using any type of abrasive, this tool is a must. My car is swirl free. Well.... maybe one.

I had been using Zaino on this car and will continue to use it on my daily drivers due to its UV protection and durability. However, Zaino cannot hold a candle to Souveran on a BLACK car when it comes to shine. Not even close. I know Souveran is a little expensive, but if you own a garage queen, you have to get this wax. It is well worth the money. I have never used a wax that is this easy to use and give this type of shine. Absolutely NO streaking. What a pleasure to use.

I wanted to show my results but when I went outside to take a picture of my pride and joy, damnit if my digital camera took a dump.

Thanks to everyone who has given advice, and a special thanks to Carguy (a fellow Porsche owner) who offered additional tips via email.

I`m a happy camper.

Pats300zx
05-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Can`t wait to see the pics..please post em...:D

imported_doug
05-18-2002, 08:02 PM
I`ve got a big smile on my face, just knowing how great your car looks and how pleased you probably are with it. You can probably get 50 or Souveran applications on the Porsche - so it`s barely over $1 per application. When you think about it that way - it really isn`t bad at all.

Congratulations - can`t wait to see the pics!

imported_barryscott
05-18-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey Now:

Carguy can you either post the tips on using Pinnacle or please e-mail them to me. Have been using the products for awhile now on my Vette, but always open to other views. Thanks:up

imported_doug
05-19-2002, 12:32 AM
Barryscott - No particular tips on using souveran - ot os one of the easiest products I`ve ever used, and it is really hard to use improperly. technique matters much more in the prep stages.

Suggest you search the board - Perhaps dbackfan has some of his questions and my answers - OK with me if he posts. Sorry, I didn`t save them.