PDA

View Full Version : How many people have you converted??

NogaroS4Buffer
05-17-2002, 09:10 PM
How many people have you turned from uncaring casual detailers to at least beginner autopian levels? Doesn`t have to be a member here.

jmdlat
05-17-2002, 10:19 PM
I wouldn`t say I`m an autopian but I do more then "casual detailing." I usually clean my car every 2 weeks. Wax once a month or so. Its not garaged kept and daily driven....so it really depends on the weather and cleanliness of the roads.

I converted some of my friends to take care of their car. I have taught about 5 of my friends how to properly wash and wax a car. Some just wanted me to clean it for them :rolleyes: while others actually used the skills I taught them.

Brad B
05-19-2002, 07:55 PM
I carry the detailing gospel wherever I travel. I spread the good word to all I meet. Thou finish shall be SAVED! Swirls be DAMNED! Thy shine shall RISE! :bow

Preachers Sheets
05-21-2002, 02:29 PM
I tell people but when I start going from product to product and why specific products are used only at specific times and the buffer and the waxs and the polymers they get that look "yea right kid, good job, you keep doing it and I`ll keep going to the spray bay".

boywonder
05-22-2002, 11:33 AM
In my case, it`s neighbors, friends, and Maxima.org folks. I have mentioned Klasse so much on Maxima.org that I field a lot of questions on how to apply it and how to get good results with it.

louissc
06-28-2002, 12:10 PM
i break up some wax,polish and wash into little travel sized bottles and leave them with detailed directions and put them on cars that really need it...it also includes my phone number for detailing....not too fruitfull but i did my good deed for the day:wavey

laynlow
06-28-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Brad B.

I carry the detailing gospel wherever I travel. I spread the good word to all I meet. Thou finish shall be SAVED! Swirls be DAMNED! Thy shine shall RISE! :bow

Uh, your not going to pass a collection plate around are you? Or have people bring their beaters on stage to be healed? jk

Seriously though, none. People ask what I do, and I tell them, but they don`t want to invest the time. They all sure do wish their vehicles looked like mine though.

Anyway, who wants to convert folks? I get a good laugh outta watching the kid across the street spend half the day waxing his ricer and then wash with dishwashing soap! (and for the record I did explain that one too!) :rolleyes:

boywonder
06-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Many of them are on other boards I visit and I have shared a lot of detailing advice with them. :D