PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from the body shop?

przybylski
05-16-2002, 07:51 PM
Just got my toy out of the shop. I had a new hood put on after a hail storm. Just gotta love insurance. It is black and I would like to know how long I should wait to use some hand glaze? It seems to have some haze as well as the rest of the car. The rest of the paint is 1999 dodge black. Today is Thursday and the paint was done on Tuesday.

Thanks for any help.

Tim

Lemonxxs
05-16-2002, 07:52 PM
HAZE??????

Did the painter mess up????

przybylski
05-16-2002, 08:20 PM
No, I think the paint job is great. No flaws. Just now I notice the rest of the car is a little dull. I wondered if I could do the hood as I do the rest of the car. Then I am thinking about going to zaino. It always seems to do very well on black.

T

Lemonxxs
05-16-2002, 09:44 PM
IF fresh paint from a body shop let it cure for 2-3 months than apply your Wax or Sealant.

I think there some threads that talk about what you can apply and when....Search for it.

Malibu
05-16-2002, 09:45 PM
I`d call the shop that did the work and see what they recommend. Usually most shops will tell you to wait at least 30 days before using any kind of abrasive on the new paint. I have read that you can use Zaino almost right away, since it is non-abrasive, but if you want to prep the surface first, I`d wait for as long as the shop says before you do anything.

Mike