PDA

View Full Version : Pick Only One-3m Glaze -#20 Meguires Or Blackfire

Pages : [1] 2

ALAN81
05-16-2002, 01:39 PM
WHICH IS YOUR PREFENCE? AND WHY

matt@wheelwax
05-16-2002, 03:07 PM
I cant really comment because I have yet to try out my system of meguiars products (#9, #7, #20, #26) . Since Im not all that dedicated to having a "perfect" finish, the 3M and Meguiars products are easy to get... just hop in the car and drive 1/2 mile down the road to the painter`s supply store. They carry both 3M and Meguiars products!

imported_StyleTEG
05-16-2002, 03:11 PM
I would say blackfire,

3M IHG doesn`t protect, and it really doesn`t make a lasting difference.

#20 is a good product, but imo the apperance of blackfire overweighs its shorter lifespan.

Jngrbrdman
05-16-2002, 08:57 PM
I`d have to go with Blackfire too. It really is an amazing product. I`ve put it up against #20 before but I think I`ll stick to using that on other parts of the car and leave the appearance in the hands of Blackfire.

rstype
05-16-2002, 10:11 PM
Alan, you`re sorta making it like this now; pick one: Bayer Aspirin, Dimetapp cold medicine, or prescription blood thinner and antibiotics and pimple remover. They each have their own uses!

The three you mentioned are completely different products. 3M IHG is good for filling in swirls to create a temporary shine. The #20 is a good and long-lasting, one-step polymer sealant. And the Blackfire line is a group of quality "boutique" products consisting of washes, paint cleaners, sealants, and more!

So I don`t know... do I need that cold medicine or do I need aspirin?

Your choice.

:xyxthumbs

bjwebster
05-16-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by BW

Alan, you`re sorta making it like this now; pick one: Bayer Aspirin, Dimetapp cold medicine, or prescription blood thinner and antibiotics and pimple remover. They each have their own uses!

The three you mentioned are completely different products. 3M IHG is good for filling in swirls to create a temporary shine. The #20 is a good and long-lasting, one-step polymer sealant. And the Blackfire line is a group of quality "boutique" products consisting of washes, paint cleaners, sealants, and more!

So I don`t know... do I need that cold medicine or do I need aspirin?

Your choice.

:xyxthumbs

What He Said!

Well Put!!!

Jngrbrdman
05-16-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by bjwebster

What He Said!

Well Put!!!

I agree with that. What BW said is really the truth. That is like saying which is better: Milk, bread, or Porsches? I use the analogy at work all the time of which is better: A 4X4 truck or a Ferrari? It really depends on what you want to do with it. Blackfire may not be the best choice if you are really looking for something that is going to last awhile. However, if you are looking for a polymer sealant that looks like a carnuba then you are right on.

ALAN81
05-17-2002, 09:41 AM
All I want ed to know if you had a choice what product would you finish your car with 3m a glaze #20 a polymer or BLACKFIRE I would think they are all pretty much in the same league

imported_JeffBruce
05-17-2002, 09:45 AM
Go to the POLL forum and post a POLL thread....see what happens

jeff

Lemonxxs
05-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Those are 3 different types of products.

Glaze, polymer/wax, Polymer sealant system.

Chalky
05-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ALAN81

All I want ed to know if you had a choice what product would you finish your car with 3m a glaze #20 a polymer or BLACKFIRE I would think they are all pretty much in the same league

That`s like saying if you wanted to win a drag race, would you paint your car black, red, or silver?

vettefan67
05-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Hey Alan81,

What are you looking for in a paint protectant? Very high shine or deep warm shine? Durability? Ease of application?

ALAN81
05-17-2002, 11:57 AM
I was just looking for the boards opinion of the 3 products and if they had to use one which one would they use? BOY did I get BASHED.............................but still I think they are very very close but nobody agrees Which gives the best shinest finish thats what I was really looking for!

Jngrbrdman
05-17-2002, 12:03 PM
You weren`t being bashed. You asked a question that is hard to answer. You didn`t say what results you were expecting when you listed the products to choose between. I chose Blackfire because I though you were asking if we didn`t have any other product availible. The Blackfire system cleans and protects your car. The other two don`t have much in the way of cleaning properties.

Nobody was trying to bash you. They were just pointing out that it was a difficult decision based on the choices because they are all three used for such different purposes. If you had asked `which of these lasts longer` or `which shines better` then you would have gotten different answers.

JasonC8301
05-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Best shine on what type of paint finish?

Paint Prep is very important in bringing out the highest shine/gloss on a car.

I think William420 put it well after polishing my car with the PC and a polish and putting on 3 coats of Zaino it looked better than when I had 35 coats of Zaino on the car without polishing it well not his word, more of what I can remember.)

If you wanted to hide everything and sell the car then 3M IHG.

If you prepared the surface well and want long term durabilty, Meguiars #30 twice a year.

If you want that carnuaba look and reasonable (2-3 month) durability, Blackfire.

Then there is the whole Klasse/Zaino thing.

Or if you have a garage queen and wax every month, glaze + wax is a good option.

Jason