PDA

View Full Version : cleaned dash last night

medic
05-16-2002, 01:24 PM
I finally had a chance to use the bottle of lexol vinylex that I`d bought last week on my dash and other interior area. Man, what a difference. I`d never cleaned the interior bash and parts with anything other then a dusting cloth becasue I was afraid of products that would dry it out and lead to cracking.

After passing the white cloth towel with lexol on it over my dash and stearing wheel, it was BLACK. It was really nasty to see what I was leaving behind all this time.

After I was done, the interior had a clean shine to it (not Armoral shiney, but a good clean). I was very happy.

Preachers Sheets
05-16-2002, 03:19 PM
Ummm, correct me if I am wrong because I have never used Lexol but isn`t that product a dressing, not a cleaner?

I used to dress my dash with Aerospace 303 and it always looked factory new. One day I decided to deep clean it so I got some soapy dawn water and went to work. Man, you wouldn`t beleive the difference from applying the 303 to the newer cleaned surface. The product soaked in better and look much much better. Made the dash look even newer than it already did.

Give it a whirl if you haven`t, clean all your plastic`s then apply your dressing, I`m sure you`ll see an improvement.

imported_StyleTEG
05-16-2002, 04:25 PM
I would definetly use a cleaner before using a dressing. The dressing might grab the loose surface grim, but it probably leaves alot behind.

I use lexol Ph Balanced leather cleaner on all of my viynl, its a mild cleaner but gets out all but the worst dirt/grim that I come across.

Kleanride
05-16-2002, 05:20 PM
This might be a stupid question....but here it goes....

Is 303 a cleaner or what? I totally forget!!!

badboyeee
05-16-2002, 05:37 PM
its called 303 Aerospace PROTECTANT... so i guess its a protectant not a cleaner :D

medic
05-16-2002, 06:36 PM
...I freely admit it. I figured it was a cleaner since it said "cleans and protects" in "one step" on the lexol website, but it does have more protective properties then cleaner stuff it seems.

So what is a good cleaner then for the dash and plastic?

Kleanride
05-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Oh, I suppose it is a protectant. Now that I look slightly to the right of my moniter, there sits two bottles of it with the word PROTECTANT clear as day. :)

Lemonxxs
05-17-2002, 12:21 PM
Medic I use a wet MF for cleaning the dash...

JasonC8301
05-17-2002, 12:27 PM
On my 3L jug of Vinylex....Cleans, protectant and beautifies Vinyl, rubber, Plastic.......combines cleaning, protection, and beautifying properties.

Directions: Shake well - - using a cloth or Lexol Applicator Sponge, apply with a polishing - like circular motion for maximum clenaing and protection. a little Vinylex goes a long way so use.......

Well Vinylex does contain mild cleaners, but a good through cleaning is good for the interior.

I second Joe D`s dawn and water cleaning.....