PDA

View Full Version : Zaino vs. Meguires vs. Mothers

Pages : [1] 2

SR77
05-15-2002, 07:59 PM
I have a Black 2001 Mustang GT and have used Zaino before and liked its results, but want to know if it is really worth the high cost of it to buy it again. I just became a member here so I could here from some experienced detailers if Zaino is really worth it or can I get the same results from either Meguires or Mothers products, an orbital with a foam pad and 100% USA Cotton towels. If I can get similar results then i don`t see why I would spend the money for Zaino when i can go to the local auto store and pick stuff up. Also can you rank the 3 companies products above 1,2,3 with 1 being the best stuff. Thanks for the help

ALAN81
05-15-2002, 08:06 PM
this is going to be a very interesting thread!Icant wait to see the results

getfit74
05-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Here is a very well done Meguiars vs. Zaino test. Its very interesting and I hear Sal wasnt too thrilled with the results.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/zaino_test

BradE
05-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Comparing apples and oranges. It`s not really fair to compare Zaino (Polymer) to Meguiars and Mothers (Caranuba) because a polymer will destroy a caranuba when it comes to durability, and the properties of the 2 types of products are toally different.

If had to rank them according to my own personal opinion I would rank them as the following:

1. Zaino

2. Meguiars

3. Mothers

Again, thats just my personal opinion.

MikeLS
05-15-2002, 08:17 PM
Can you get the same results from Meguiar`s or Mother`s as Zaino?

Sure, with the proper tools and techniques you can make almost ANY wax or sealant system shine as well as the next. The difference is longevity. I used Meguiar`s stuff, and numerous others, for many years. Generally it produces a great shine, but has limited durability which means you`ll be waxing more often to maintain 100% shine. Also, I was not fond of the yellow wax buildup that carnauba caused on my finish. So, I went to Zaino, and have been happy ever since.

So, I rate the three systems in this manner:

ZAINO

Meguiar`s

Mother`s

:D

rockafella
05-15-2002, 08:24 PM
I think this question has to be answered by yourself. If you put all three products on three cars side by side you would see that they all look great and very hard to tell what product is on what car. But line them up a couple of months down the road and you will see the shine is much greater on the zaino car.

Almost any decent wax is going to put a good shine on right after you wax, so it is kind of dumb to test after application.

Alot of people here wax every couple of weeks so it isn`t much of a issue, but if you can`t, I think it is something you should consider.

83Esprit
05-15-2002, 08:43 PM
Yeah....so to sum it all up go with Klasse AIO and SG.

imported_fatboy
05-15-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by kellyrudnick

Yeah....so to sum it all up go with Klasse AIO and SG.

agreed!

imported_doug
05-15-2002, 09:30 PM
There are other threads on this board, from the last few days, by people (includng me) who have come to the exact opposite conclusion. On black cars, the polymers aren`t worth the trouble, and the carnauba finishes look better.

Bottom line - different products, different looks, different benefits.

advice: try both - draw your own conclusions.

DETAILKING
05-16-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Avalanche

Here is a very well done Meguiars vs. Zaino test. Its very interesting and I hear Sal wasnt too thrilled with the results.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/zaino_test

For more info about that test, read the threads here...........

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=257330

YoSteve
05-16-2002, 08:15 AM
well, since you`ve already tried it, it seems like you`ve already come to a conclusion and just question it.

it also seem like since you wax a lot longevity isn`t that much of a concearn

Perhaps you should try some carnaubas like Blitz or Soveran and see if you like that "look" better. Both are really easy to apply. And if you`re looking for some durability undernath a carnauba, Klasse seems to be the best way to go.

eboller
05-16-2002, 08:19 AM
Another wax test at the following link. Both Zaino and Meguiars in the test.

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

imported_BretFraz
05-16-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

For more info about that test, read the threads here...........

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=257330

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Arrogance layered with BS. Probably the worst thread I`ve ever seen.

Hey, how about a thread with more third-person commentary? What about fourth-person? This could be the basis of a terrific urban legend. Can`t wait to see it debunked on Snopes.com.

I`m actually afraid to search the Viper forum mentioned.

imported_memnuts
05-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by carguy

There are other threads on this board, from the last few days, by people (includng me) who have come to the exact opposite conclusion. On black cars, the polymers aren`t worth the trouble, and the carnauba finishes look better.

Bottom line - different products, different looks, different benefits.

advice: try both - draw your own conclusions.

I have and still use both ( Zaino and P21S) on different black cars. The Zaino not only looks better but the black is really black and the shine last more than one day and does not become covered with dust over night in the garage. I used Meguire`s for years on both cars and thought they looked great. Well until I tried Zaino. The shine,gloss, evenness of finish and depth of finish is amazing. If I had never tried Zaino I would not know the difference and probably would want to change from carnuaba based product. But I have seen the greener pastures and will never be satisfied with anything less.

I terms of cost, you get what you buy for. A yearly investment of $60 to $100 is not very much (~$5 - $8/ month) in terms of results achieved.

The only thing I dislike about Zaino is that it can be boring. The finish always looks great even after a Z7 wash and QD`ing. The maintainence of the shine is so minimal that I sometimes feel quilty that I am neglecting my finishes because in the past one had to wax at least once every other week to have a detailed appearance.:cool:

I agree with Metallic Mike

So, I rate the three systems in this manner:

ZAINO

.P21S

Meguiar`s

Mother`s

rstype
05-16-2002, 09:20 AM
LOL, HAHAHAH! I`m still laughing out loud (at the thread) right now.... hahahhahahah! Its really funny how people take someone elses opinion so seriously... and interpret it so differently.

Originally posted by bretfraz

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Arrogance layered with BS. Probably the worst thread I`ve ever seen.

Hey, how about a thread with more third-person commentary? What about fourth-person? This could be the basis of a terrific urban legend. Can`t wait to see it debunked on Snopes.com.

I`m actually afraid to search the Viper forum mentioned.

More info on the test? Bleh! More like more flames... :nono