PDA

View Full Version : do show car automobiles?

smfrycruzr
05-14-2002, 03:45 PM
usually use a carnauba wax before a show or do they just glaze the hell out of them? I`m just wondering because I am watching ESPN2 and they have a street rodder show on and most of the cars look flawless...I know that they have a great spray on them and probably have been color sanded many hours but I still am curious.

Preachers Sheets
05-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Wet sand each layer of paint, wet sand each of the 100 layers of clear coat, don`t drive the car and use glaze till you run out and buy another case.

Your looking at paint jobs that are worth 10,000 plus another 5,000 in time and products.

If I had a paint job like that I wouldn`t drive my car either, taking something like that onto the streets is like throwing away an investment.

samiam513
05-14-2002, 04:03 PM
might as well give the $$$ away if your gona drive somthing liek that. Poor need it more if your gonna waste it. Plus, what is 26 ft covered trailer for?

In bout 5 years i`m gonna try to get a duce (32 ford) and rod it out. It`s gonna be fun..:cool:

BradE
05-14-2002, 05:00 PM
Many owners will glaze and wax the car just before judging to ensure the surface is as close to perfect as can be. Durability is not a major concern because it only needs to look perfect for the time the judges are going over it.

Depending on the level of the show will determine usually how much $$$ the paint job costs. Concours cars can easily have a paint job that cost $15,000 or more. You local show and shine is probably going to be a lot less.

imported_Blake
05-14-2002, 09:50 PM
One thing that bothers me is what a low percentage of owners that actually do a thorough detail on their cars. A lot of the cars are garage queens that get the best that Wally World can offer. There are fanatics but really considering the investment a lot of the owners don`t make the most of a good detail job.