PDA

View Full Version : Detailed my Pathy for the first time!

NYCPathfinder
05-14-2002, 08:44 AM
First off, thanks to all on this message board for providing a wealth of information, even if at times some what contradictory in which case we just have to try out which works best for us.

Now for the details of the detail:

I washed the car this past Friday (Meguiars gold class).

Clayed the hood (Clay Magic) and the top with little to no resistance so didn`t continue with the rest of the car.

Applied 1xAIO with Klasse-Sonus MF applicator pad and buffed with 100% cotton towel (will use MF now that they have arrived from CMA).

Applied 1xSG with MF applicator and let dry for 30 minutes. I`m gonna let it dry for longer next time since it was a bit of a pain to remove. Buffed with 100% cotton towel to a shine that was not noticeably different than when I first got the car 3 weeks ago.

Applied 1xSG to rims and buffed 15 minutes later.

The next day I went on a trip to Atlantic City and got dust, bug carcasses all over the hood, front bumper, and windshield. Got out a clean 100% cotton towel and the Sonus QD and ... VOILA! Like freshly detailed.

All in all a pretty good experience. I just wish I had had more time to apply a second coat of SG. I`m gonna wash the car again this weekend and apply no AIO but will apply 2xSG within 2 hours of each other and then a third about 6 hours later using MF towels.

Again thanks to all on this board for sharing their knowledge and opinions.

Diego