PDA

View Full Version : My First Time

mDw
05-12-2002, 09:02 PM
Hi, I finally had the time to detail my car, it was my first time, so i learned alot of things. Here`s what I did:

1) Wash with Meguiars GC

2) Clay with Clay Magic (This was such an easy experience. it didn`t leave any residue at all.

3) Wash with Meguiars GC Again

4) Dry and applied Klasse AIO

5) Applied Klasse SG

It was a pretty good experience, except i learned never to detail on a hot day because i kept getting water spots. Klasse was easy to use and the results were great. The only problem are some water spots left on the windows. Any tips for getting them out?

-briancl

jmdlat
05-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Just use a good glass cleaner. I like Armor All AutoGlass cleaner. Leaves the windows clean and gets up anything on them. Its never left any water spots when I used it. I would then follow up with Rain-X. That helps repel water (I.E. Raining, washing the car, etc.

Chuckmotor
05-12-2002, 11:01 PM
It`s ok to detail on a hot day, just stay away from the sun. Washing in direct sunlight can leave awful water spots, so find a shady spot to do the cleaning.

As far as glass cleaners go, I use Stoner`s Invisible Glass, but Eagle One 20/20 is also another favorite around here.

As for the Rain-X, the only way to apply it, in my opinion, is to do it before washing the car. Otherwise, streaking and haze can easily occur. Clean the windows with Invisible Glass, then layer on the Rain-X, let it sit for a few minutes, then wash the car and clean the windows with your wash mitt like you would any other part of the car.

Klasse is great. If you want to have more fun with it, add a carnauba topper or even Meguiar`s Gold Class.

jdog1988
05-13-2002, 08:32 AM
Try using Eimann Fabrik`s Clear Vision. It is an excellent cleaner which has no amonia in it which has always been a big factor in streaking glass for me. Also if I may recommend the viper glass towel from CMA. They are awesome!!!:up jj

jrush
05-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Clay works good on windows too. I found it removes the buildup from the wiper blades.

Once I had ver,very bad water spots on some windows and I used CLR household cleaner and it worked awesome. Wipe it on with a towel and let it sit for a few minutes, then spray it with glass cleaner that has amonia it it to nuetralize the acid. and don`t let any get on your finish.