PDA

View Full Version : Natural Wool Duster

tjs437
05-12-2002, 03:34 PM
My black Volvo requires a daily duster and I`ve been unhappy with the California Duster. Zymol in their catalog lists a Natural Wool Duster that the say is "The gentile alternative to dirt-collecting waxed cotton". Anyone familiar with this product?

oorc51
05-12-2002, 06:18 PM
My Cali Duster is about a year old and I love it. It gets all the dust off pretty quickly and safely. I wouldn`t use anything else for dusting except the cali duster. Also, the duster actually gets BETTER as it gets OLDER. :up

rd_volvo
05-13-2002, 09:28 AM
Steve,

How come you don`t like your CD?

tjs437
05-13-2002, 09:47 AM
The problem I have with the California Duster is the waxy residue it leaves, requiring me to buff the surface every time. A real nuisance. It may be causing some scratches, although I`m not sure. Note that I have a black car. Sounds like the Natural Wool Duster would solve these problems.

oorc51
05-13-2002, 06:39 PM
That wax helps to prevent scratches...Perhaps you`re pushing too hard against the surface. You should be lightly "floating" over the surface and the duster should pick up the dust with static. And also, these cali dusters last for years and years...How long can a wool duster last?

Well anyway, if you truly are unhappy, give the wool duster a try then. :up

tjs437
05-13-2002, 06:52 PM
The scratches are very minor and probably not a factor...just that damn wax. I`ll order the wool duster and will post my experience with it. Thanks all for your input.

rd_volvo
05-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Steve that`s just the parafin wax on the duster.

It dissipates over time. Just use your CD in the house on things

like your TV, furniture, etc to really break in your CD.

Keep it on newspaper when not in use to soak up the parafin.

The darker the better.

Also try not to use your CD on hot paint. Nothing should be

done on hot paint.

Let me know if this helps.

tjs437
05-23-2002, 10:58 PM
I used my new "Natural Wool Duster" from Zymol the last 2 days and I am sold. The fibers are so delicate, that its impossible to imagine that it could cause any scratches. The duster itself is so light that it seems impossible to apply too much pressure, which I found difficult with the Calif Duster. And no wax residue or streaking! It cost about twice as much as the Calif Duster, but if it lasts, which I believe it will, then its well worth the price, and its maintenance free.

imported_Intermezzo
05-24-2002, 04:09 PM
Where is the best place to order one? You`ve got me curious about it. As much as I like the CCD, I find that it is difficult to dust vertical panels without using more pressure than I normally would on horizontal panels because the strands just hang downward.