PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning wheels???

imported_bigltc
05-12-2002, 10:21 AM
Alright guys...I have chrome wheels and it was dirty so I used wheel cleaner then chrome polish and the stains were still there so I used baking soda. It cleans everything away perfectly. Here`s my question...will baking soda hurt the wheels. BTW, it`s factory chrome rims.

imported_bigltc
05-12-2002, 07:21 PM
bumpity bump

JasonC8301
05-12-2002, 07:26 PM
99.99998% of the factory chrome rims are clear coated/caoted with a lyer of protectant. This protects the wheel to an extent from damage caused by acid rain, hot brake dust, salt, etc. etc.

I am not sure if baking soda is safe or not, but we do keep it in or fridges next to the food we eat right? and One Grand Blitz says that it is ok to add some to Omega Glaze to give it soem more power, so I think it should be safe to use on yuor rims.

To clean these factory chrome rims, try Ef Hi-Intensity diluted 50/50, Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner (orange bottle), or any other non acid wheel cleaner.

If you see a haze try some polish on them, then seal them. The polish can be anything from 3M Swirl Mark Remover, to 3M Perfect It Fine Cut Rubbing Compound. You may also clay the wheels.

Jason