PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with Zaino, q`s about moving to new system

riotejas
05-11-2002, 09:37 PM
I have 4 coats of Z5 on my car and I`m not happy with the results.. I spoke to a local detailer in the area and He suggested moving to a system of: Meguiar`s showcar glaze, followed by Klasse AIO topped with a wax (he recommended eithe Meguiar`s Hitech yellow or Blitz). He said to forget about Klasse SG and that he`s had good results with that system.

Just wondering a few things:

1) What do I need to do to remove Zaino, or do I even need to bother? I`ve heard Dawn won`t remove it, and I`ve read that AIO will be sufficient.

2) What are your thoughts on the above recommended system? I`m questioning the glaze topped with AIO then topped with Wax. I would have thought AIO would be under the glaze. So AIO, then glaze then wax.

3) Alternatively, I was thinking I could just leave the Z5 on and top with showcar glaze then with Wax. I just want more swirl hiding properties and a wetter look. I`ve seen cars with Glaze on it and I`m drooling over how it looks.

JimO
05-11-2002, 09:42 PM
Others have mentioned using rubbing alcohol to remove the Zaino. For me, I`m just letting the Zaino wear off on it`s own which could be 4-5 months, then I`ll use Klasse.

Jngrbrdman
05-11-2002, 10:01 PM
That detailer doesn`t seem to understand the Klasse system very well. The AIO will take off anything that is under it. It is really counter-productive to put down a coat of glaze and then AIO over it. The AIO would remove the glaze anyway. I would AIO and then SG a couple times (no more than 5 layers) and then put down the Meguiar`s Hitech yellow or Blitz. The SG will really add to that combination. Don`t cheat the system. AIO doesn`t really do much besides clean the paint. The shine of the Klasse system is in the SG.

rd_volvo
05-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Give OG a try :

Omega glaze + Blitz + Show Off = Excellence

for about $ 40 bucks

BradE
05-12-2002, 12:11 PM
I agree with Jngr. To put #7 down before AIO is pointless.

What`s wrong with Zaino? If the Z5 is not totally hiding the swirls then chances are you did not prep the car properly. Prep work is the key, not the sealant you put on top.

Redcar GUY
05-12-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Prep work is the key, not the sealant you put on top.

Thank you,......... thank you.........:xyxthumbs

William420
05-12-2002, 02:01 PM
Maybe that`s why he would have better success with Klasse, because AIO preps the paint! ;)