PDA

View Full Version : souveran arrived-giddy with excitement

Pages : [1] 2

180fisherman
05-09-2002, 10:06 PM
came in the mail today. If it works nearly as good as their packaging, this should be a surreal experience-they box this stuff like it`s the hope diamond-almost as expensive.

Can`t wait for tomorrow to get here so I can apply it.

1. wash with dawn to strip existing wax and oils.

2. clay using PC

3. apply PCL using PC

4. apply Souveran by hand

I have a red truck and a black car, and everything I have read says they are the best colors to bring out the true brilliance of the product.

Man I hope this stuff goes a long way......8 oz. for $65.........

William420
05-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Hey, I think you will be pleased with Souveran. Wipe on and wipe off. So easy.

Two things I suggest. First, you don`t need to wash with Dawn. Clay & PPCL on your 2nd & 3rd step will strip any existing wax you currently have on the car.

Also, I strongly suggest clay by HAND instead of PC.

HAVE FUN! :cool:

Chalky
05-09-2002, 10:47 PM
DO NOT clay with a PC or any other RO buffer. You`re asking for big trouble. Also, DO NOT clay with a RO buffer.

Good luck with the Souveran, mine should be here next week. And by the way, DO NOT clay with a RO buffer.

PakShak
05-09-2002, 11:57 PM
Souveran smells like a tropical drink that can be served on Waikiki Beach. Which to let my fellow Autopians know is only 20 minutes away from where I live. :D

Aloha,

Ranney

ALAN81
05-10-2002, 07:26 AM
they say not to let souvern dry just wipe it right off but i let it dry for about 7-10 minutes then i wipe it off,either way its awesome!

William420
05-10-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ALAN81

they say not to let souvern dry just wipe it right off but i let it dry for about 7-10 minutes then i wipe it off,either way its awesome!

Cool. Use whichever way that works for you. When I first used Souveran I didn`t like it. I let it sit for 5-10 minutes and had some trouble with streaks. Dunno, maybe it doesn`t like my paint. Stopped using it for several months, then thanks to DK`s pointer I tried it again and wipe it right off while it`s still wet, WOW. It`s now my favorite wax! :xyxthumbs

boywonder
05-10-2002, 02:07 PM
I like to wipe mine off after applying it and it still looks stellar. :D

180fisherman
05-10-2002, 04:40 PM
Oh yea, that`s the stuff:bow very wet appearance. Actually Souveran is not very slick as I was expecting, compared to Zaino. But the ease of application and removal(I used a buffer on a PC to take it off) is the best.

I really deepens the red color on my truck and looks like a sheet of water is on the surface. I think I have found my new wax.

I just hope a treatment will last a couple of months...........

Thanks to all the info. I received from you folks. i had never heard of Souveran until I joined this forum and got educated.

You guys are the best............

ObsessiveClean
05-10-2002, 04:49 PM
hey all!

I just got my souveran today, too! paid $55 shipped, from XV World

am I supposed to put it on my car or heat it up and drink it?

99323ic
05-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by dbackfan

DO NOT clay with a PC or any other RO buffer. You`re asking for big trouble. Also, DO NOT clay with a RO buffer. And by the way, DO NOT clay with a RO buffer. :nono

Pay attention to this post...

180fisherman
05-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Hi jimwh,

Please educate an apprentice on the claying via PC issue. I have used Griot`s special clay holder that velcro`s to my PC. I spray their QD-Speed Shine, on the pad/clay and on the surface, and away I go. I did this on each of my vehicles about 2 months ago, and it was the most successful clay job I have ever done.

No streaks or haze from dried clay on the vehicle, and the clay was really black-the random action really picked up a lot of junk.

So, help me with what I am missing here-there must be some danger I am not aware of and have not run into.......yet.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

bjwebster
05-10-2002, 08:17 PM
I think everyones fear is picking up some type of hard/sharp/large contaminant and spinning it on your hood at a high rate of speed. You could do damage before ever realizing it.

180fisherman
05-10-2002, 09:42 PM
duh, of course that`s why.

gosh, at this rate, I will be an apprentice forever.......

thanks........

hook
05-11-2002, 06:54 PM
An observation about Souvereign wax...

I put some on as a top dressing after ~ 5 coats of SG. It went on easily, smelled great, looked awesome.

After the next wash, I was dismayed to see what looked like micro-marring/swirls on the hood and trunk. Figured I had something stuck in my mitt or towel and didn`t know it.

Here`s the weird part: a QD fixed it. "Okay" I said, "the QD is acting like a filler hiding the swirls..."

Washed again, same thing happened. This time I looked at the marks with magnification. Weird, looks like it`s on the surface. Washed just a small part with Dawn. NO MARKS.

I think what happened is that the marring was being put into the layer of Souvereign, and since I had the Klasse layers under it it was very visible. Mind you, this occurred with double-bucket washing, sheepswool mitt, and good MF towels to dry. I was able to reproduce the "marring" at will.

I suppose the price you pay for that great look and depth is the softness of the wax itself, which makes sense to me....

All that said, I still have my Souvereign and will use it for special occaisions...

best regards,

Andy

99323ic
05-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by bjwebster

I think everyones fear is picking up some type of hard/sharp/large contaminant and spinning it on your hood at a high rate of speed. You could do damage before ever realizing it. TRDPWRD - That`s the primary point, but also claying by hand lets you bond with the paint ;) (figuratively) so that you can feel with your hand if you need to clay an area longer or with more pressure.

I am certainly no expert when it comes to claying or PC use, but so far, what I have experienced has all been expected. I`ve been researching these 2 topics for what seems forever and I keep coming back to the basics. Buy a good quality clay (Pinnacle, Mothers, Clay Magic, Zaino) and either a QD spray (Meg`s FI, EF CP, Griot`s SpeedShine), or make your own. Tear off 1/4 to 1/3 of the bar, flatten into a patty and spritz the clay. Place on the paint and rub back and forth in straight lines. At first, you`ll sort of hear (and will definitely feel) the clay dragging on the paint. As you continue there won`t be any more sound and the clay will glide effortlessly.

You`d miss the sound and feel by using a PC for claying. My PC was not that noisy, but after several hours of it in a garage, my ears were a little sore.

It`s inevitable that you`ll get some small scratches, but they typically can be dealt with by using the PC and some PPCL or SMR depending on their severity.

I look forward to tomorrow morning so that I can continue my clay & PC adventure on my wife`s Volvo. It`s been a lot of fun today and the results are quite pleasing. It also beats the hell out of doing yardwork in the sun. :bounce