PDA

View Full Version : Is FI II dangerous?

TX78VETTE
05-09-2002, 10:39 AM
Hi all...a few questions before I attack my car with the PC and a yellow foam pad.....I used 3M SMR with a white foam pad on the car, but I am still not happy with the results. I want to use FI II but I am wondering if it is newbie safe...I was planning on using FI II with a fresh white foam pad (from CMA), and if that did not do the trick moving up to a Yellow pad, and then back down to SMR with a white pad to remove any haze....Can I remove a lot (too much) of material with the FI II & Yellow combo? What is the safest way to get rid of the deeper swirls & scratches? I am just nervous about using FI II on my car, and I am wondering what I should expect. Any suggestions on how to safely approach this would be greatly appreciated!

rolle4
05-09-2002, 11:24 AM
One thing you might try before moving to a more abrasive polish would be to try the SMR with the yellow CMA pad. Thats my normal combination of choice. The yellow pad seems to give the SMR a better foundation and helps it breakdown and work. I generally would use the white pad for wax or glazes (like Meguires #7). You dont want to use any more abrasive than you need to in oder to take care of the problem. You can allways go up to FI2 if you still need more umph.