PDA

View Full Version : chrome polish

chevydetailer
05-08-2002, 11:03 PM
i`m buying some chrome wheels soon for my s10 zr2 and i was wondering what chrome polish to use. I was thinking about one grand or griots. anyone have anything to say on the two or if theirs another good polish let me know thanks.

PakShak
05-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi chevydetailer,

I would recommend Wizards Metal Polish. That stuff is pretty good. Great for chrome but if the chrome is for show chrome then I would recommend Wizards Mist-N-Shine.

http://www.wizardsproducts.com/metal.htm

Aloha,

~Ranney

imported_JeffBruce
05-09-2002, 05:10 AM
Do a search on the word Chrome.....there are several good ones..

jeff

imported_BretFraz
05-09-2002, 09:06 AM
Lots of good chrome polishes out there. Mother`s makes some excellent ones and they`re easy to find.

CMA sells Luster Polish and Luster Lace which are very well known with motorcycle folks.

P21S makes a cream polish that`s very mild called something like Multi Surface Finish Restorer or whatever.

Happich Simichrome is terrific and has been around since Columbus discovered America. Wenol is another excellent chrome and metal polish. Can`t go wrong with either of these.

mp5_toronto
05-09-2002, 02:03 PM
I`ve had this question on my mind for a bit and this seems like a good thread to ask in...

My fiancees 2001 Ford Ranger has an entire exhaust system that is not "stainless". The muffler and tailpipe specifically are covered in a thin layer of rust after only 1 winter. I bought some el cheapo Turtle wax metal polish just to see what it would do, and although it smoothed it out a bit it certainly did not remove much of the rust. I was thinking about Mothers polish, but I`m not sure if it will work either. Maybe some steel wool or something will help?

Any ideas? And once I get it cleaned, how can I prevent it from happening again, especially in the winter when we`ve got all that snow and road salt...

rd_volvo
05-09-2002, 03:25 PM
One Grand started in 1933 with their chrome polish.

I got it short time ago but did not use it yet as I have almost

no chrome on my Volvo. Just the outer rim of the grille.

I also purchased their Metal 300 polish for my stainless

exhaust tip. I`ll try it tomorrow and give a product review.