PDA

View Full Version : P21S Over Blackfire

SixSpeed
05-08-2002, 10:08 PM
I have had my TL Type S for 8 weeks and after all of the prep work I have 8 coats of Blackfire. I am going to top it with P21S on a bi-monthly basis. I read where they recommend that GEPC be used before using the P21S wax. Would that be necessary since I have the Blackfire on the car already? I also plan to use the EF QD spray once I get the P21S on the car. I read where Blackfire`s QD was not compatible with carnauba. Am I missing anything here? I appreciate any feedback anyone could provide.

wizardofahs
05-09-2002, 12:43 AM
I`m fairly sure that GPEC has cleaners and or mild abrasives, which means put that on top of the BF and it will remove your BF and take you right back down to the clear coat. I would advise simply dusting and QDing the surface and applying a 100% natural Carnuaba wax... and skipping any sort of prep work that could harm the BF. Let us know how it turns out. BF Has a look so similar to natural wax i wonder if you`ll even see much of a difference. From what i`ve heard the P21S is great stuff though.

edgewise
05-09-2002, 07:38 AM
Yep, what Dr.Jones said. The Paint Cleaner is to be used after the clay and/or polishing stage. Just use the wax. Great stuff, best wax I`ve experimented with however the longevity is in question (never got more than 8-10 weeks out of P21s Carnauba)

imported_BretFraz
05-09-2002, 08:58 AM
I`ve used Souveran over BF and it looks great. Just use some distilled water to remove light dust prior to applying your P21S. No need for a QD.

Let us know what you think. For me, I loved the combo as it gave me the best of all worlds. It even made the BF last a little longer.

SixSpeed
05-11-2002, 06:05 PM
I received my P21S products in yesterday and detailed the car today. I was very pleased! It was a little too hot and that really shortened the dry time, but I adjusted and the car looks great. I think I will stay with the Blackfire & P21S combination for now. I do caution anyone using P21S in that a little product goes a long way!