PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on my detailing process

imported_Auto Concierge
05-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Ok, the big day is coming, as soon as my shipments come in, I`m going to detail! I started detailing about a year ago, using Meguiar`s carnuba waxes, but I was young and inexperienced. :) I used the swirl-Mr. Miyagi method, which of course gave me swirl marks, that I`ve never had the time to properly take care of. I`ve got my washing method down pat tho! :) So after researching this place for countless hours, I`ve come up with the following method on my 2000 Passat.

1. Wash car with Dawn.

2. Clay the car with 3M Perfect-It III clay (38070). Cut it into 2 or 3 pieces, use back and forth motions, dry the bar frequently so that it doesn`t start to fall apart. I`ll use car soap diluted with water in a spray bottle for my lubricant.

3. Rinse off car thoroughly, using the tried-and-true water fall method (you know, no nozzle, just let the water fall onto the car).

4. Dry car.

5. Now to remove these dang swirls. Begin with 3M Perfect-It (39009), as it is the least abrasive. Go in front to back motions, using a MF towel from tacscar.com to apply. If this doesn`t get rid of my swirls, I`ll step up to 3M Finesse-It II (39003), and try again.

6. Apply Klasse AIO, using the method outlined at www.properautocare.com. One coat or two?

7. Apply Klasse SG, using method outlined at www.properautocare.com. One coat or two?

8. Enjoy finish. Maybe apply a carnuba over the SG for shine.

What do you guys think? Hints/advice? Thanks!

imported_BretFraz
05-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Sounds good to me. You didn`t say what kind of car this is......just curious.

Consider taking "before & after" pics and post them in Member Pictures so we all can see your handiwork and slap you on the back after a job well done.

As for Klasse questions, do some searching here. Lots has been written about Klasse application techniques. Also check out www.tacscar.com and www.yosteve.com for detailed Klasse info. Those guys are Klasse Superheros and know all there is to know about Klasse.

Welcome to Autopia.