PDA

View Full Version : New Car

John G
05-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Hi, I have a new 2002 car. Is it a good idea to clay a new car? What is a great polish? What is a great wax? I have thought about Klasse and Pinnacle products or is there something at the local auto parts stores that will work great? Thanks in advance, Steve

:nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
05-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Clay probably won`t be needed on a new car. If you want to then it certianly won`t hurt. You would only clay if you feel contamination on the surface on the paint.

What color is the car? That will have a lot to do with what we would recommend. Congrats on the new car! Welcome to Autopia!

imported_ny888
05-08-2002, 12:57 PM
I clayed my new car - didn`t pick up much but there still was enough to make me fold the clay bar once.

nerdhunters
05-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Unless that car sat on the lot, outdoors, for a long time I can`t believe you would need to clay it! Can you feel any contaminents on the surface, try the plastic wrap test to see if you can.

John G
05-09-2002, 07:55 AM
The car is what is called a Cappachino color. lite brown..

Thanks for all the replies....

imported_Bandit
05-09-2002, 11:24 AM
What is the plastic wrap test? I also have new wheels and am debating on whether to clay or not. Bought the clay magic kit at autozone a few weeks back figuring some day i would use it. thanks for the info.

imported_ny888
05-09-2002, 11:39 AM
My car sat inside the dealership for a few days. The only problem was that it sat at one end where there was an open metal gate.

I felt tiny little bumps on the paint surface most of which went away with the first wash but I decided to clay anyway before the first coat of Zaino.

I have a small car so claying doesn`t take long.

:wavey

janderson
05-09-2002, 03:19 PM
Congratulations on the new car. I bought a new car last week. I am going to clay my car this weekend. The reason that you would want to clay would be to get all/if any contanimants off of your paint before you begin to add any protective layers (SG, AIO, Zaino, Blackfire).

The real benefit will be when you put your final layers of Zaino or SG on the car. That is when your claying will prove its worth. You get particles on the car every day, so claying is never a bad thing.

Technically, you don`t need to clay, but I am of the thinking that a well detailed car is a clayed car.

Best regards.

rd_volvo
05-09-2002, 03:29 PM
One Grand

Omega Glaze + Blitz Wax + Show Off

2k2blackWRX
05-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Its my belief that every new car should be clayed.

Quick answer why? the tricks they ride across the country on give off rail dust and so do everything they pass.

B