PDA

View Full Version : Top with wax after SG or no?? Please help!

oorc51
05-07-2002, 09:29 PM
All this talk about polymer sealants has finally convinced me to order some Klasse AIO, SG and a bottle of 3M SMR. Up until now, I`ve just been using Meguair`s 3 step with descent results, and I feel like giving Klasse a try. So bear with me! :)

I`m planning on doing a Dawn wash, then SMR, then wash again(do i need to wash it again?), then AIO, and then 2+ layers of SG...I`ll be doin all this by machine btw.

Now, here are the questions:

If I do 2 layers of SG now, and then top it off with some nice wax, does that mean I can no longer put on SG? I think I can "strip the wax" again with dawn and then go directly to the SG layering right?

If I decide not to use wax, can I still use Meguair`s QD directly on the SG? Will the carnuaba in the QD make it so that I cannot layer SG anymore?

Thanks for all your help! I think I`ll be the first in my area to try Klasse, and nevertheless even heard of the stuff!

:p

Mindflux
05-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Kaiz

All this talk about polymer sealants has finally convinced me to order some Klasse AIO, SG and a bottle of 3M SMR. Up until now, I`ve just been using Meguair`s 3 step with descent results, and I feel like giving Klasse a try. So bear with me! :)

I`m planning on doing a Dawn wash, then SMR, then wash again(do i need to wash it again?), then AIO, and then 2+ layers of SG...I`ll be doin all this by machine btw.

Now, here are the questions:

If I do 2 layers of SG now, and then top it off with some nice wax, does that mean I can no longer put on SG? I think I can "strip the wax" again with dawn and then go directly to the SG layering right?

If I decide not to use wax, can I still use Meguair`s QD directly on the SG? Will the carnuaba in the QD make it so that I cannot layer SG anymore?

Thanks for all your help! I think I`ll be the first in my area to try Klasse, and nevertheless even heard of the stuff!

:p

You can put a carnuba topper on it.. just next time you feel like SGing you`ll need to strip it off.. and hopefully not strip the SG

oorc51
05-07-2002, 10:01 PM
Ok, so what about having no carnuaba wax on it? Can I use QD sprays on it when there`s no wax (just SG)?

imported_Intermezzo
05-07-2002, 11:32 PM

You can do a light Dawn wash but then you run the risk of removing some of your SG as well. For some people, Dawn removes SG and for others it just weakens it a bit. Also, some people believe that using a highly alkaline wash like Dawn can have an adverse effect on your car`s shine. What I would do is just wait till your carnauba topper is about two months old and give your car a good wash using car shampoo. At this point your paint should be carnauba-free enough to layer another SG coat. Also, Klasse SG seems to have a lot of solvents in it, so whatever wax is left over will not be a problem.

Meguiar`s Quick Detail in the burgundy bottle? It contains some carnauba and silicone, but not enough to cause any bonding issues. Just be sure you don`t use it RIGHT BEFORE adding an SG layer. You might want to consider switching to something carnauba & silicone-free like Meguiar`s #34 in the future.

oorc51
05-08-2002, 09:43 PM
Thanks so much for your help guys! :cool: