PDA

View Full Version : Helping start up detailers....

Detailing NY
05-07-2002, 08:04 PM
I started this thread to help those who are looking to start a business as there are several post on help with the start up. I though that if all the pro`s enter some thoughts, they will not have to start a thread but just read this post. maybe this will help some one out there in autopia.

=====

Some quick tips i can give for start up

1. customer`s and customer`s, without them you have no business.

2. location, after you get your customers and they like your work they will come to you and bring some friends

3. products use the right stuff for the job, make sure you know what you are doing and how to do it.

4. insurance, this is a must to cover you and the customer. some people wont bring you their car unless you have insurance.

5. advertise, get good looking business cards, not some home made staples looking thing. Your business card should stand out and say hello to the customer and make them want to call you.

flyers, pass around flyers, it will let people know you are around and looking for work. people will come to try you out, so dont blow it as you only get one change to make the impression.

6. keep a mailing list of all your customers and be sure to mail them thank you`s. It really shows you value them as a customer and they will come back.

this is what i can think of right now, and i am sure we can get some more post.

hope this helped some one

NYD

imported_seres
05-07-2002, 08:08 PM
Great post! I`m pondering this myself as a part-time job and have been reading the different posts & web-sites with info.

One question -- about the insurance -- is it terribly expensive? How does it work - I mean exactly what kind of insurance is it?

-- I know I need to call my State Farm guy, but figured I`d ask here first. ;)

Thanks!

Detailing NY
05-07-2002, 08:13 PM
I have gernal liabilty insurance, it cost me less then 300.00 a year and gives me good protection against liability issues, such as someone getting hurt because of my supplies or equipment.

It also covers me in case i burn some one`s paint on the vehicle...... (which has never happened).

it is worth it to get this insurance.

imported_seres
05-07-2002, 08:15 PM
Thanks, that does help to understand more about the insurance issue!!

Ken B
05-08-2002, 01:16 PM
I would like to add...

7. Keep your shop and own vehicle clean!, I would not trust my car to a detailer with a messy shop, dirty towels and muddy car!