PDA

View Full Version : technique

medic
05-06-2002, 03:00 PM
Ordered some Klasse AIO and SG to do a full datail for my white maxima daily driver this weekend. Hopefully, I get it before Friday. Anyway, I wan to make sure this procedure will work so I have time to adjust and buy more stuff if needed.

1) Dawn wash

2) Clay

3) Rewash with quality car wash

4) 3M IHG (for extra shine)

5) Klasse AIO x2 done consecutively with cloth towels

6) Klasse SG using dry towel to apply, wait an hour and spray water and use a dry cloth to buff

7) repeat step 6 in 24 hours

7) Rewash and top with carnuba wax a week later

questions:

can I use the IHG with Klasse?

are 2x AIO enough to clean all contaminates off the paint? I don`t want to seal in any junk.

do I need to wait anytime between the AIO and SG steps?

when I wait 24 hrs between the SG, do I need to rewash? if there a QD without carnuba that I can use instead?

more generally, how often do you guys SG? AIO? in about 5 months (the car`s parked outside so I doubt SG will last 6 months), can I just rerun this procedure (minus the clay) or do I need to do anything to stip the old klasse off?

imported_capspackle
05-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Hmm.. wasnt something similar to this discussed in some previous posts? Something about AIO removing IHG..?

vettefan67
05-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Yes, AIO will remove any sealant, wax, or glaze on your car, just like any other abrasive + chemical cleaner. Good stuff though!

imported_capspackle
05-06-2002, 03:20 PM
This should answer your question..

IHG,polymer,waxes ?? (http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8210&highlight=IHG+and+AIO)

medic
05-06-2002, 05:59 PM
I though IHG was a polish. won`t that help to remove surface scratches and other blemishes?

I realize that the AIO will take off the oils so that`s great, but the IHG will have some benefit. The other post you indicated seemed to indicate that there was no benefit.

PakShak
05-06-2002, 06:23 PM
Hi medic,

IHG is basically a glaze with fillers. It won`t help you as a polish. Think of it as a women`s make-up foundation, it will hide what you don`t want to see like lines and imperfections. It is a temporary fix because under all that foundation lies the whole truth. IHG is temporary, it gives you instant satisfaction, however, in about 2 weeks it will bring you back to where you started because it quickly washes out. I had to use this analogy because my wife is in cosmetic sales. So she has thought me a thing or two... :D

Aloha,

~Ranney

MikeLS
05-06-2002, 06:26 PM
The IHG is nothing more than a blend of oils and fillers that act as a very short term band-aid for your finish. Once the oils and fillers wash off, the swirls/scratches will reappear. Plus, I agree with the others, AIO will completely strip any and all IHG, so there`s no benefit using it before anything abrasive or before any sealant. IHG is best used with pure carnauba products.