PDA

View Full Version : I got the best compliment...

porterdog
05-05-2002, 09:30 PM
This really made my day. It`s kind of long but worth it.

This weekend was spent mostly putting a new motor in my gf`s civic. Took a long time, and I was really tired when I got done today about 3p but my Miata was _dirty_. It`s a 94, 45k miles, a cool green/blue flip called Montego Blue. I washed it, dried it, and was just removing the last little bit of SG when my buddy Eric rolled up in _his_ miata. His is a 95, same color, about 42k. Dirty and dull! After our first hellos I couldn`t help but remark "your car needs a polish". He`d come over to check our our new puppy, so while he was doing that I took his car for a spin. It`s stock, mine`s modified, so was cool to check it out. I came back, then the two of us went for a ride in my car so he could feel the difference too. While we were out his wife stopped by (also to check out the new dog). We got back a couple minutes later and the first thing out of her mouth (she was looking at my car) was "Wow. How did you do that?!" I had to give her a hug!

I was thinking it looked ok, but obviously my standards are a little higher than normal (thanks to you all!)

Cheers,

Robert

99323ic
05-06-2002, 01:42 PM
I wish mine would do that...all I get is the standard "you`re going to rub all the paint off" stuff.

Jngrbrdman
05-06-2002, 03:31 PM
Man, I love it when that happens. :) I did a car on Saturday that just didn`t meet my standards. There wasn`t anything else I could do for it though. It was pretty beat up and I just couldn`t remove all of the cuts into the paint. I brought it back to the guy expecting him to be disapointed. He was just the opposite! He was really impressed. I guess when we are so close to the project we really don`t see the before/after effect. Kind of like not being able to see the forest through the trees.

http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OQAqVEUUCj*S1kYu22cPnnIccN58tm*ppigJ5RBFoclXVMsQU ZiwPou0fqyZfK!Sy8qCamfLq259wS7iGo!z!Cf5kt1jNvS3/detroit200.gif

GO REDWINGS!!!