PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaning

imported_Lasthope05
05-05-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey all. I`m new to this forum and have been enjoying reading everything you guys have to say. VERY informative.

I`ve been doing detailing on the side for, oh a year or so, and continually run into a problem that I`m hoping that someone may have some advice on. I always end a detail by cleaning the windows. I`m a big fan of the 3M glass cleaner in the spray can. I`m a newspaper user as well (I know, don`t touch the paint).

How can I keep the glass cleaner from falling on the dash or other vinyl parts while still getting enough product on the glass to do a decent job?

I did a car today that was just a pit and the glass took me forever (okay, not that long) to get right. Then I had to go over the dash again, but be real careful not to hit the window.

Any advice? I`ve seen some threads on glass cleaning, but don`t recall seeing anything about the cleaner hitting the dash.

Thanks.

JasonC8301
05-05-2002, 05:33 PM
You want to clean the inside windshield where it gets close to the dash right? I twisted my hands in all sorts fo ways to get in there. the most effective way by hand and towel is to place the towel on the back of you`re hand and put some glass cleaner onto the towel. the rub back and forth. Then take a clean towel to buff to a crystal clear shine.

www.topoftheline.com has a cool mf glass cleaning paddle that can solve this problem too.

Jason

ralessi
05-05-2002, 06:26 PM
You can use just regular terry cotton towels to clean glass right?

raley

JasonC8301
05-05-2002, 06:30 PM
Yes, I use terry towels and if there is lint, follow up with a Mf towel.

Jason