PDA

View Full Version : Strange substance on Paint?

JpiRally
05-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Ok all this is my first post here, so if this is not in the right forum. Feel free to move it, and I apologize.

OK here is my problem.

I have a Black 1998 Subaru Impreza and after washing it the other day Inoticed something. When I began to dry it the paint began to haze over. It is a white haze that is sticky to the touch. If I wet a rag and then wet the substance it goes away, but the second I touch it with the cloth it comes back.

The only thing I can think of is that a car infront of me was leaking coolant or something and it is eating my clear coat.

Any words of advice?

Thanks

Joe

PS-Here is a photo of my baby.

Detailing NY
05-05-2002, 04:20 PM
Try this..

1. wash with dawn

2. clay the car

3. wash again

4. machine glaze

5. protect- paint sealant or wax

that should do the trick and make it look great!

JpiRally
05-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Right click Print selected..............Thanks.

I am gonna try that as soon as possible.

By Clay you mean the mother clay bar right? How do I "clay" a whole car? :) Please excuse my new-ness to this.

PM`d you.

Thanks

Joe

Detailing NY
05-05-2002, 04:39 PM
not a problem that i what we do here is help each other.

using the clay is very easy.

place the clay in your hand and spray the panel of the car with QD slowly move the clay around not using to much pressure but enough that it stays on the car. just move your hand side to side but be sure that you have enough lubricant (quick detailer) on the car so it does not stick. wipe off everything with a microfiber towel and feel the panel, it should begin to feel smooth like glass. you will be able to feel what areas you missed.

I use other clay bars then mothers, i have meguiars overspray clay and some other kind which i forgot, and i have clay magic being sent to me. use what you feel will work for you and just take you time with it and it will come out fine.

ralessi
05-05-2002, 06:43 PM
There are a ton of posts on different clay... a lot of people do not like the meguiar`s clay... but clay magic and mother`s clay are both pretty well liked...

You can also use soapy water as lube for the clay which may be easier since you will be washing before you clay and the soapy water will be right there in the bucket...

raley

JpiRally
05-05-2002, 08:14 PM
I think I found my new home.:xyxthumbs Thanks Guys!

I love to wash my car and make it look good, but I am now just getting into trying to make it look super good.

My friends think I am crazy because I spent 7 hours last weekend washing my car and doing what I call......"detailing"....Maybe I can break the 10 hour mark. haha

Thanks

Joe