PDA

View Full Version : Used Klasse for the first time

John Z
05-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Finally Klassed my brothers 93 Black Lexus GS300. Of course, I have questions.

1) When I applied AIO (craftsman buffer, EO wipen shine to keep pad wet), I had hazing problems and it was really tough to get them out. Should I wait longer before buffing off AIO or am I not working the AIO on the paint long enough?

2)Also, I used SG just like instructions said but people on this board say not to use a damp applicator pad for SG. I used to EO wipe n shine with the SG.

What am I doing wrong?

thecarguyGP97
05-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Well i think ur doin pretty good for a first timer. Actually, i just used Klasse for the first time about 2 weeks ago, so i might be in the same boat u are! When you apply the AIO, do you buff it off right after you apply it? AIO isn`t ment to sit and "cure" on your car. You are supposed to apply, then remove, with minimal time between. The SG is kinda hard to buff out if you apply too much, but the trick to get it off is to either spray a QD, without carnuba in it, on the car and then buff it out, or use a damp MF and wipe the car, then buff it out with another dry MF or cotton cloth. I have used the damp MF way and have had great results. It comes off much easier. Finally, about the dry applicator, i think many people suggest that because you can usually get thinner coats with a dry pad, but i`m not sure about that. I just listen to the wise minds on the board and use a dry one :) .

ernie
05-06-2002, 03:43 PM
Hey drbigz:

Tried the Klasse thing this weekend on the inside of my pickup bed (perhaps not the smartest place to Klasse, but I wanted to compare the "Klasse look" to the polish/carnauba wax I used to detail the rest of the truck). Did AIOx1, SGx2 (24 hours between SG applications). Much easier than I anticipated. Applied the AIO with a damp (water) MF applicator......apply on one section (eg. hood or roof), wipe off immediately with dry MF towel, buff with second (clean) MF towel. Actually seemed easier than the p21s gepc I used on the part of the truck I polished and (carnauba) waxed. Applied the SG with a foam pad that I spritzed with a bit of Sonus QD (about one spritz per 2-3 panels or so, as recommended by others on the board). The key is in the application......thin, thin, thin. If you can see it, it`s probably too much (this was very easy for me to detect, since my truck is black). If you do that, and leave it on long enough (I left it on for an hour or two, and went on to do things on my "honey do" list), the wipe-off is easy. To remove the SG, I used one slightly damp MF towel (spritzed it with a bit if distilled water), followed by a dry MF towel to buff. I did note that the second SG application and removal was much easier than the first..........either because I had a better idea what I was doing, or (more likely) because having the first SG layer already there made the second application easier.

Saw your post, and thought I`d share my initial experience with the Klasse products.

Cheers

ernie

EDIT: so there`s no confusion, the inside of the bed (and all chrome parts and wheels) was treated only with AIO and SG. The rest of the truck was treated only with p21s gepc and p21s carnauba.

janderson
05-07-2002, 03:08 PM
I have been using Klasse for over a year now, and I have found that there are a few tricks to using it. I just leared a bit more today, as I talked with the President of CMA.

He told me to reap the best results with Klasse, you should (in an ideal world) let the SG sit on the car overnight. Not only that, but you need to use very thin layers (according to the President of CMA).

I have used thin layers along with a two to three hour curing time, and I have had fantastic results. The longer you leave the SG on the car, the easier it is to remove.

The haze mentioned above is common. You simply need to go over the car again with a good clean MF towel. YoSteve got me started on using a damp MF towel the first time around, which greatly eases the removal process.

AIO should be removed shortly after it is applied, but you can leave it on the car for an extended period of time. Remember that AIO and SG do different things for the paint of the car.

Best regards.