PDA

View Full Version : removing oil from the driveway

83Esprit
05-05-2002, 12:33 PM
Anyone found a tried and true way to remove oil from asphalt? I am looking for the least aggressive way.

Thanks,

Kelly

bjwebster
05-05-2002, 12:59 PM
I use quikcrete concrete and asphalt cleaner. I put it in a spray bottle and spray the area, agitate with deck brush, spray with hose, and repeat until gone.

It seems to work real well and doesent seem to harsh. imo

(if caught leaking in my driveway...grrr)

hkross
05-05-2002, 07:21 PM
I used revive a drive. On mine it worked preaty well. You can get it in the automotive section at wal mart.

VettePilot
05-06-2002, 05:41 PM
If it is concrete driveway and not asphalt, here is what I do. I run down to the feed store, get some powdered kitty litter in the economy size. I then pour some on the asphalt, and kind of massage/rub it around the surface and let it sit for a bit. I then take some water, wet the driveway a little, and take an old broom and kind of scrub the driveway. Rinse and I am done. Now I have really clean driveways, considering there is always some type of engine work going on, i would say it works well for me.

Jngrbrdman
05-06-2002, 05:46 PM
I use Tide and water and a brush. It requires some elbow grease but it works. I learned it from my dad and he liked to teach me the hard way of doing things. There may be faster ways of doing it but Tide does work.

matt@wheelwax
05-06-2002, 06:56 PM
I second E36`s idea...buy a large bulk of cheap off-brand kitty litter and go to town...!