PDA

View Full Version : My S600 It not as good as his though...

05-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Here is a recent photo of the car as requested by bjwebster. The photo is not that clear, it scanned poorly.How do I get a better resolution. I want to do this without asking John and suprise him when he comes back. Hes out getting some shopping in from Tescos. I cant wait to show him. I wish it could be made better. Hopefully ill get him to clean it as he does his vechiles.

Can anyone assist me? Yikes hes just sent me a text, hell be back in 15-20 minutes. He dosent know which milk to get. Honestly men, useless!!! (no offense to all you males out here)

Steph

Lowejackson
05-04-2002, 04:45 PM
Stephannie, it could just be my computer but I cannot see your attachment.

Instead of getting Mr Ross to clean your car, give it a go yourself, putting a layer of wax onto paintwork is good for the body and mind esp given your nice car :up

Steven

05-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Johns got so many products i dont know where to look or what im supposed to do (he has 6 shelves in the garage each about 8ft wide filled with allsorts of tools, sprays. It would be hell going through all that stuff!). Im usually free on saturdays and sundays thats if we dont have to go some where i might start tommorow. All I know is he uses a electric machine to polish his Bentleys but i havent a clue which wax i should use. I dont want to spoil or damage the car with anything, Ive told him before that that machine is too noisey to be safe.

Steph

Lowejackson
05-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Dont worry about using a buffer. As long as you have some shampoo, polish and wax, you will be fine. I am sure Mr Ross has some Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss and or some nice wax.

Wash the car, rince with water, dry and then apply the Super Resin, let it dry and buff off. Your choice is then to apply some wax or the Autoglym Gloss. Let it dry and buff - and thats it.

If you wish, make a list of some of the products available to you and I am sure someone can help. I for instance have used a lot of Autoglym and Blitz wax so I can help you with these products.

Cleaning is good therapy

Steven

05-04-2002, 05:08 PM
I can hear the kitchen door opening, ahh hes seen me.

05-04-2002, 05:24 PM
You want a clean car do you misses, well I know of a service station off the M40 its about 130 miles away. Only kidding!!

Stephs told me she has joined, im pleased at least now she knows what i get up to when im on here. Shes laughing now, shes running upstairs to log on the pc to get back on here as ive snatched the lap top away from her. Job well done I say.

Na, i am happy about it anyway. Ill see you Autopians on Tuesday, ive a really busy few days ahead of me and i need some sleep.

I want to say again, i know i may sound like a parrott but never the less, thanks to all you autopians for helping me remove that horrid mark off the Arnage. Its nearly all disappered. Thanks. Moreover, ShowroomLincoln, Redcarguy, NY Detailer, Dr.Jones etc... a special thanks I will be contacting you each indivdually in the future to thank you personally. I really cant tell you what you did for me. At the time I thought all my hours of hard work went down the drain, but thanks to your on the spot input you saved my car from being damaged.

Thank you, I wish you all well.

John Ross

:xyxthumbs

bjwebster
05-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Nice Car! My mother has a Designo Silver S-Class that she adores. They are such good solid cars! Nice work on getting the picture posted.

Redcar GUY
05-04-2002, 11:09 PM
This tread is cool!:up

I love it when a detailing crisis works out for the best! Congrats John you did great!:xyxthumbs

69-912
05-05-2002, 07:27 AM
Beautiful!

Lowejackson
05-05-2002, 08:33 AM
My computer must have been having a bad day, I can see the car now. Nice car :xyxthumbs

Stephannie, dont let that nice Mr Ross clean your car, do it yourself, get a copy of David B`s book and your half way there. It is a nice Bank Holiday weekend and remember know one will ever clean your car to your standards :)

Steven