PDA

View Full Version : AutoInt "C" pH 7.0 Surface Conditioner Wash

BradE
05-03-2002, 04:26 PM
First off, thanks to Ron Ketcham for the sample to make this review possible.

Today I got a chance to use AutoInt`s pH 7.0 Surface Conditioner, and I was pretty impressed. One of the first things I noticed about this wash is the color. It`s neon green! I know color does not matter but it`s still pretty cool looking.

The mix ratio on the wash is 1:128 (1oz of product to 1 gallon of water) and it suds up very good and has a light smell to it. I put 2oz of product into my bucket and mixed with 2 gallons of water and there was suds galore! I proceded to wash my Explorer (dark green). This wash is very slippery, much more so than Meguiars Gold Class. I feel this is it`s best asset, it will certianly help prevent some of those dreaded washing swirls. I purposefully left some residue from a bird bomb on the hood to see how well this stuff would handle it, no problems at all the slipperyness of the product handled it great. :up When I was done with the wash I still had suds in the bucket, not a ton but there was still some there.

Next is rinsing. The product rinsed off very well and left no films or streaking (important for dark car owners). It also seemed to help fight against water spots. After washing the surface was sorta slick, not super slick like with a Z wash but it was certinaly more slick than when I use Meguiars Gold Class.

Overall I was pretty impressed with this wash. The lubricating properties of it are outstanding. Even though it`s made for more of a professional "bulk" application the quality of the product is great. For $15/gallon this stuff is a bargain. :xyxthumbs

rmccall6
05-03-2002, 09:53 PM
I agree its the best wash I`ve used. Very slick. Also, if your using a wax, and you wash weekly, you can mix the ratio down a bit and still get great suds.

rstype
05-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the excellent review ShowroomLincoln! :up

Jngrbrdman
05-03-2002, 11:13 PM
:bow ----> ABC system. I really like it. I don`t know what it does on a molecular level or anything like that. I`ll let the chemists deal with that. All I know is that it does what it is supposed to do. That green color freaked me out too. I wanted to test it for radioactivity before I used it. That stuff looks like it glows! The stuff in this glass is not Kool Aid, I can guarantee that.

rmccall6
05-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Yeah the color also freaked me out too. I think its to tell the A-B-C apart when their not in thier marked bottles. Heres sometips i have for anyone using the ABC system. 1) save your bottles. I happened to have some old Mothers Car Wash bottles lying around. Now they are marked A-B-C respectively. This is perfect for the B, as you just walk around the car with a mitt, squirting the B as you go. 2) Use three chenille mits instead of sponges. 3) I know that AutoInt recomend not only the car be dry but the aplicator as well when applying the B, but I have found that if the cheniile mitt is slightly damp (wet the mitt slightly and then ring it out), it helps the B spread better and soak into the mitt less. Also, you can use the damp mitt to re-wet the B when it begins to dry. 4) This is from Ron, make sure you use cold water, all three of the chemicals were designed that way.

JasonC8301
05-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Great Review, now on if they lift this water restriction rule.......

VetteHead
05-05-2002, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a great product.... economical too!

imported_Page
05-21-2002, 01:20 PM
Showroom,

I use C every week to wash my 01` Stang and my 02` F-150. All I can say is GREAT STUFF! Economical too! I bought the ABC system in one gallon bottles in August 01`. I washed weekly in fall and spring and about every other week in winter. I have over 3/4 or more of the gallon left, and that`s using a 3 gallon bucket with 3 cap fulls each time.(I measured it, the caps=about 1 oz or a litte more). It beats Gold Class in terms of slickness and suds. I am glad others have discovered this washing gem. I can say this is one product, along with the Big Blue towels from CMA that really exceeded my expectations.

Keep washin with the C!

SJ

Lemonxxs
05-21-2002, 01:30 PM
Dayum the sample in the pic from Ginger looks like spic and span liquid......does it have Kyrptonite in it?:D

Good review SL....And you left a bird bomb on for your testing what a true autopian!!!!:xyxthumbs

Preachers Sheets
05-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Hopefully no one drank out of that cup.

Looks like I may find a solution to "buy a 8.00+ bottle of Meguiars Gold Class" every two-three weeks.

Thanks for the review.

P.S. I wanted to buy some products from AutoInt but I didn`t want to pay the shipping, I just needed a reason to buy from them, guess I found it. There are about 6-8 other products I will be getting from them. I think I have another month or so left of this Meguiars stuff so I`ll be setting up a little package for myself.

BradE
05-22-2002, 08:30 AM
To Joe and others,

For all those planning to order products from AutoInt through their website there IS NO SHIPPING CHARGE!!!!

Enjoy everyone!

boywonder
05-22-2002, 11:30 AM
I wonder if the ABC system would have worked with our friend with the soot problem.

Preachers Sheets
05-22-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

To Joe and others,

For all those planning to order products from AutoInt through their website there IS NO SHIPPING CHARGE!!!!

Enjoy everyone!

Even better. Making a list, checking it twice cause the price isn`t gonna be nice. :)