PDA

View Full Version : Wash mitts.. did a search already

Mindflux
05-03-2002, 11:23 AM
Ok, here`s the situation:

I think my current wash mits are causing my swirl marks...

http://www.carcareonline.com/soft_wash_mitt_17601.html

Those are what I have now... they`re soft and have a deep nap but not 100% cotton.

So, Then I was at walmart and found some Eurow Sheepskin mitts. they`re SOFT.. I do a search here, some like some dont, some say they scratch paint easy... not sure what to think.

Then, I find a lot of people like 100% Cotton Chinelle Viking mitts, but someone mentions they aren`t completely 100% cotton even though it may say so.

Anyway, I`m at a loss and want something nice and safe... I can`t find the Viking washmits locally and I`d hate to just buy a few online and pay 5-10 dollars shipping....

Anyone have any words of wisdom on these Sheepskin mitts? .... etc etc etc.

vettefan67
05-03-2002, 11:33 AM
Hey Mindflux,

What area are you in if you don`t mind my asking?

eboller
05-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Yeah, the Viking ones are not 100% cotton. I still use them and haven`t gotten any swirlmarks. They are soft. I don`t press hard. I also make sure that the thing is loaded with soapy water constantly. Keep in mind my car is very new and I`ve only washed 3 times so maybe constant use may be bad, but I kind of doubt it unless you are not careful. I was looking at a turtle wax 100% cotton chenille sponge and it seemed a hell of alot rougher than the viking wash mitt. I think something can be said for the "feel" of the item.

Not sure on the mitt you are using. You say it is soft--but maybe when pressed down the material that the strands are weaved into is doing the scratching?

Eric

p.s. Cowboy Bebop kicks butt!

Lemonxxs
05-03-2002, 01:06 PM
I use a MF mitt which I feel is the softest and MF too boot.....have I ever said I like MF???:D

eboller
05-03-2002, 01:08 PM
Where do you get the microfiber wash mitt from? I`ve seen a couple online but not sure of the quality.

Eric

Lemonxxs
05-03-2002, 01:43 PM
But CMA of course!:D When they were on sale some time ago.

2k2blackWRX
05-03-2002, 01:58 PM
I have not tried the MF washmit yet but I am a beliver of 100% cotton chenelle wash mits. I ordered one from CMA a long time ago when they were having a cotton seed problem in thier mitts and I ended up using that one for the wheels/tires because it would swirl my paint.

Since then they say it has been fixed and you can find the mit on sale at : http://www.properautocare.com/chenwasmit.html

There is also the viking 100% cotton chenelle mits, those are what I am currently using. Some people can find them at a local target, kragen, napa but I havn`t been able to locate them locally for me.

You can find a link to the search result for them

Here (http://www.partsamerica.com/SelectParts.asp?SourceArea=SHOP&SourcePage=SEARCHPARTNUMBER&MfrPartNumber=990310&DestinationPage=SelectParts.asp)

AFAIK those ARE the 100% cotton ones. If anyone knows otherwise please correct me.

Bryan

Mindflux
05-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by puterbum

Hey Mindflux,

What area are you in if you don`t mind my asking?

Area? Austin Texas now...

TonyTahoe
05-03-2002, 02:54 PM
I have been using a chenille pad that I got at Pepboys or Autozone or something. Been using that for a year and no swirls on my black car.

I just got a Viking mitt at Autozone and haven`t tried it yet.

I don`t like the sheepskin because it feels rough to me. Go figure...

99323ic
05-03-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Guess My Name

I use a MF mitt which I feel is the softest and MF too boot.....have I ever said I like MF???:D

I`m with GMN...MF is the way to go !!!