PDA

View Full Version : meg`s endurance Q???

smfrycruzr
05-02-2002, 06:52 PM
when applying meguiar`s endurance to tires how much do you normally use per tire? I have 235/60/16`s and it seems to me that my technique could use improvement because I was having to use two 3 inch lengths of product per tire on a sponge type applicator. How much do ya`ll use? and what do you apply with?

imported_ronkh
05-02-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by DCopp

when applying meguiar`s endurance to tires how much do you normally use per tire? I have 235/60/16`s and it seems to me that my technique could use improvement because I was having to use two 3 inch lengths of product per tire on a sponge type applicator. How much do ya`ll use? and what do you apply with?

I use a tire swipe, and typically use one thin strip the length of the applicator (about 3 inches). I always ensure the tire is clean to start with, and I spread it around until the tire is evenly covered.

After about 30 minutes, I buff with a terry towel to remove any excess.

caddyman
05-02-2002, 07:55 PM
I have found that it is easier to use a cloth, and put a good coating on letting it sit for like a hour then coming back and buffing it, this will reduce spin-off.

BTW Which one are you usinf, regular or HIGH GLOSS?

imported_awd330
05-02-2002, 08:31 PM
I use the High Gloss version with a foam tire swipe. Each tire gets a quarter inch wide strip of gel running about two thirds the length of the swipe. I dab the swipe on the tire at the noon, 3, 6, and 9 o`clock positions. Then, I sweep the applicator back and forth around the tire about 3 times. Wait 15-20 minutes and buff off any excess with a dry terry towel.

imported_ronkh
05-02-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by caddyman

I have found that it is easier to use a cloth, and put a good coating on letting it sit for like a hour then coming back and buffing it, this will reduce spin-off.

BTW Which one are you usinf, regular or HIGH GLOSS?

I use the regular. I haven`t tried the high gloss, but I`m not a fan of "shiny" tires. I prefer the matte black look, which is why I use the regular and buff it down after about a half an hour.

2wheelsx2
05-03-2002, 01:30 AM
I use the regular, and my method is to only apply Endurance after the tires have been scrubbed with soap. Then after wiping the tires and wheels as dry as I can, I apply small dabs of product on the tire swipe (dime sized) about 2 or 3 times, depending on what the tire needs. The trick I use though, is to go back and re-swipe the tires after all the tires are finished, as the swipe is now somewhat loaded with product. I let the tires sit undisturbed for at least an hour if I can. I don`t buff off, but rarely get any fling-off. Could be that the evaporation of the little bit of moisture on the tire helps "lock" it in. Great matte finish. I only need to do this once every 3 or 4 washes, depending on how often it has been raining (it rains a lot here in Vancouver). This means usually once a week, or once every other week. Doing this, my bottle of Endurance lasts at least a year. I am very happy with the results and the cost per application.:up

caddyman
05-03-2002, 01:38 PM
Iuse either the meg`s enduracne or BM TG, nut it all depends on what the customer wants

Same thing I am doing...

Looks great huh.......