PDA

View Full Version : Well, ...

99323ic
05-02-2002, 06:07 PM
I finally bit the (claying) bullet.

I purchased the Pinnacle Poly Clay Kit (http://www.properautocare.com/pinpolkit.html) and PS21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (http://www.properautocare.com/p2paincleanl.html) and some more EF PowerWash+ (http://www.properautocare.com/pw-32.html) so hopefully the weekend will cooperate and not be rainy or too hot.

Now the big decision...should I work on my car first or my wife`s?

dlw
05-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Practice on the wife`s car first, just in case it doesn`t work out. LOL. My wife`s Dodge van is my "test mule". She wouldn`t notice/care if I sanded it with 80 grit, as long as it moves when she puts it in "D".

Lemonxxs
05-02-2002, 09:19 PM
What about "R" DLW........I bet she likes it to go backwards too sometimes....LOL

amgtorre
05-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Pinnacle clay... you`re going to like it, easy to use, smooooth results. Yes I tested it on my wife`s car first :D as it is a light color, and my Moms flash red Dodge Shadow beater. I did try on the hood of my car to finish cleanig some bird bomb deposits. If the car has been washed and you keep it well lubricated, checking for contamination often it is a really easy product to use. I found the results really pleasing on my wife`s 2 year old Altima.

I can`t recall who in the forum described that the best way to know when the clay has done it`s work is be hearing it, you`ll hear when the surface has contaminants, for 2 or 3 passes, then the noise goes away . shhhhhh shhhh shhh shh ... silent

Enjoy!

99323ic
05-03-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by amgtorre

Pinnacle clay... the best way to know when the clay has done it`s work is be hearing it, you`ll hear when the surface has contaminants, for 2 or 3 passes, then the noise goes away . shhhhhh shhhh shhh shh ... silent

Enjoy!

AMGTorre - thanks for the advice...I`m getting very antsy to try this out and will probably wake up before the sunrise...If UPS doesn`t arrive today, I`m going to go into a fit of depression. :shocked

I`ll make sure that I take notes for a full review on Monday or Tuesday. In case I forget, Feliz Cinco de Mayo !!!!!.

Jngrbrdman
05-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Poly clay is the best. I love it. I haven`t used Zaino`s clay yet but I`ve compared Poly Clay to Clay Magic side by side and I`m really happier with the Poly Clay. It does an excellent job. The Pinnacle clay lube is really good too. It smells great. Better than aftershave. :D I came home last night smelling like Pinnacle clay lube, Blackfire, Pinnacle carnuba and Ozium New Car smell. I thought I smelled pretty good but the wife had other thoughts.

99323ic
05-03-2002, 04:34 PM
I`m feeling more confident with each post I read !

Thanks!

rolle4
05-03-2002, 05:10 PM
:up for Zaino clay, I`ve used it and Clay Magic (blue bar) both are great, the Z seemed a little easier to work

gtivrx
05-05-2002, 02:44 PM
We have a 79 Rabbit GTI as our "Test Mule"

Comes in very handy if you are worried about wrecking something or want to learn a little more on the limits of what you can do.