PDA

View Full Version : Zaino for the first time

egd66
05-02-2002, 11:07 AM
Hi,

I just received my Zaino Z1,Z2,Z6. Very exciting but yet do not know how to begin...

What is Dawn? Can I (or do I need) use a household dishwashing liquid in place of it to strip off the original wax. Mine is a new car of about 2 weeks old.

This is my plan:

1. Morning, wash with car shampoo. I currently uses Autoglym car wash.

2. If necessary, wash with a Dawn `equivalent` and dry car.

3. Apply Z1 using 100% cotton towel. (Hope I can find one).

4. Apply first coat of Z2 as above.

5. Apply second coat of Z2 about 8 hours later (in the evening). Do I need to buff off first coat before second? I park my car in a public multi-storey carpark. It will inevitably atract dust and dirt and should I wash it with water and dry before Z2?

6. Next day morning, buff off Z2 and apply Z6. Da da!!!

I am very impressed with the results of Zaino that you guys have mentioned and hope to see it on mine too. Your input and advise are very much appreciated. Thousand Thanks!

:nixweiss

DETAILKING
05-02-2002, 11:27 AM
Dawn is only required to strip down carnuba wax or oils on your paint if it was waxed with other products recently. Since zaino has no cleaners in it, it is necessary to strip any products off your paint prior to zainoing. DAWN works well because it has high alkaline content. If you use something else make sure it has no hand softeners,etc in it that could leave a film on your paint.

Apply Z1 with a DRY applicator. The ones that came with your zaino work well. Apply it VERY THIN....under an ounce will do one average sized car. You should BARELY be able to see it.

AFter that apply Z2. I like to pull my car out in the sun to aid in drying. If you apply it thin it should dry in an hour MAX. If it smears or streaks, it is not dry yet...keep waiting. It might take a few coats to learn just how thin you can apply zaino to get quick dry times.

For best results, wait 24 hours between coats unless using ZFX.

Hope this helps.......

Ps....if you end up liking the zaino get the Z7 wash! It works GREAT with the system and adds gloss with each wash...

2wheelsx2
05-02-2002, 11:49 AM
In case you`re still wondering, you have to buff off the first coat of Z2 once it`s dried and let it cure for 24 hours, that`s what DK meant.