PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s and Eagle One

Green Monster
05-02-2002, 07:01 AM
Everyone seems to use either Klasse, Black Fire, Zaino, Souveran, and or Blitz. I just wanted to give a thumbs up for Meguiars and Eagle One because they seam to get over shadowed by the big guns.

I have over the last week or so done the following:

Dawn wash

Clayed

EO polish

#20 (3 coats) 24-48 hrs cure each

EO pure #1 Carnauba paste (2 coats) 24-48 hrs cure each

And the finish is incredible! Super slick, super shinning, super deep depth, and reflective like a mirror. Also it was easy to apply and buff and sould last for a while I would think. I have never used any of the big guns mentioned above but I don`t know how it could get any better. Just my review.

I will try to post some pictures this weekend. I have 2000 Dark Green Ford Ranger and treat like it was a Ferrari just much slower. :xyxthumbs

05-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Hey i may be a big time sealant user, but I have had awesome results with #20 and the eagle one wet line of products. They are both very good products IMO. I may switch back to them... but i will first try zaino and BF. Whatever works for you go with it!

2wheelsx2
05-02-2002, 11:57 AM
I concur. Concurrently, I am using:

Mother`s pre-wax cleaner (if no swirls or heavy oxidation)

3M Perfect-It for swirls

Meguiar`s #7

Meguiar`s #20

Mother paste carnauba wax (mostly for my motorcyles)

I am going to try Meguiar`s #26 in paste form soon. I have tried the liquid and it gives a great shine, but I like the way paste applies and how little product you need.

The only thing I have noticed with #20 is that it is like everyone has experienced with Zaino. If the prep is good, and you apply mulitple coats, then the results are great. If not, then the finish is so-so. These friends of mine tried #20 and don`t like it and are always topping it with #26. I think the filling properties of wax are more pleasing to the eye if you are not willing to apply elbow grease.

My car was an abused lease return that I spent a lot of time cleaning up. When I get a new car, I think I would like to try Klasse or Zaino.

F1Crazy
05-02-2002, 08:03 PM
There is no doubt that you can achieve great results with Meguiar`s, EO and Mother`s over-the-counter products, "secret" is the paint prep work. The reason many Autopians use Klasse or Zaino sealants is that they last much longer without noticable drop in reflectivity, slickness, they look great after every wash. IMO other mentioned products are done after a month on a daily driven car, they may still be there but look way less impresive.

Bobby G
05-03-2002, 09:55 AM
I have a can of EO Paste Wax. In the "Under $10" category, it wins hands down.

hkross
05-04-2002, 06:06 PM
I see you watied a day impetween your coats. How you keep it clean. I am sure you left it in a grage but how you keep dust off it? thanx

Detailing NY
05-04-2002, 10:08 PM
I agree, I have gallons of #26, #20, #40 & all purpose cleaner.

Every car i detail has a meguiar`s products somewhere on it.

chevydetailer
05-08-2002, 11:00 PM
i use the meguiars high gloss tire gel and i`m very happy with the results. For the price of meguiars its a very good product. I havn`t used their their wax (using blitz) but they have some good products like their tire gel and i really enjoy the quick detailer. I like to think of them as the best cheap products company. Meguiars keep on trucking

PakShak
05-08-2002, 11:08 PM
Hi Green Monster,

I have and use EO Conquors Satin Tire Dressing. That is the best tire dressing I have used yet. It is water based so you don`t have to worry about gunk flying on top of your panels and it is very easy to clean. Driving the car through rain takes most of it off which is great because it makes it alot more easier to clean. If you can find a bottle of EO Conquors Satin Tire Dressing you should give it a try but it has been discontinued. However, there are some retail outlets that still have it in stock. I know a store here in Hawaii that always have it in stock. I usually buy 5-7 bottles at a time.

Aloha,

~Ranney