PDA

View Full Version : Removing wax buildup at seams, any helpful tricks?

Will Dunion
05-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Never really noticed it when I was using Klasse but now with Souveran I get some wax buildup at the seams. I have StonGard installed which means I have a ton of seams and buffing the wax off the seamline is killing me. I`m using my fingernail and a microfiber but there`s got to be a better way. What kind of techniques/tricks are you all using?

Michael H
05-01-2002, 04:11 PM
Cut a paddle pop stick (the stick in ice creams or used to stir coffee) to an angle. Then use the stick to remove the wax, you can also put microfiber over the stick that works well too.

Brad B
05-01-2002, 04:18 PM
It in the wax application technique. Wipe the wax from the Stonegard side over onto the paint side. In otherwords, start your stroke motion of your applicator on top of the clear film a bit then go from there down onto the painted surface. This way you are going down a step from the film down to the paint.

If you are going the opposite way and go on the paint and wax up to the edge of the film you always rub up against the raised edge and end up jamming the wax into the raised edge and forcing wax in there.

If you go the other way, the motion skips the jamming in the edge and it doesn`t cake up there. It is no problem getting a ltlle residue off the top of the film. Make sense?

That`s the trick.:xyxthumbs

Will Dunion
05-01-2002, 05:07 PM
Wow, you guys are smart, I knew there was some technique that I didn`t know about. Thanks. (Good excuse to go buy an ice cream bar too, yum). :)

MikeLS
05-01-2002, 08:25 PM
A very soft bristle toothbrush and/or cotton swabs and alcohol works great.

F1Crazy
05-01-2002, 08:46 PM
I have a soft bristle 2" paintbrush that I cut off from the top.

I use it with quick detailer as lubrication - works great!

imported_Intel486
05-02-2002, 03:52 PM
I use a chopped off paintbrush to get wax out of seems. It really works well. Great for seams, around emblems, door handles, etc.

kbshadow
05-02-2002, 04:29 PM
I learn something new almost every day by reading this great forum.

Bob

Stockton ca