PDA

View Full Version : Shine?

samiam513
04-30-2002, 06:41 PM
I need to get the best shine possible.i have a polisher (getting a pc when tax check comes in) and i wanna make my truck shine really nice. what should i get (wax polish ect...)

Another Q.

Everytime i wax i get these little white dots on my hood. nowhere else. there`s no birdcrap or anything liek that either. Is this bad wax ro what?

Thanks for the help.

oo yeah, how many terry bonets are necessary to remove the wax from a reg cab truck?

Andre'
04-30-2002, 07:01 PM
First thing you should do is read the archives and do some searching. ;)

The dots on your hood are paint chips that are filled up with wax, this is why you see them everytime you wax.

oorc51
04-30-2002, 07:05 PM
Well, you have many options...

If you`re a beginner to detailing, you can use the simple Meguiar`s 3 Step system. Step 1 is a cleaner, then followed by a polish, and then finally topped with a layer of carnuaba wax. I used this once about a year ago and it produces a nice clean, shine.

There are also synthetic waxes/polymer sealants (do a search and you`ll find them all over the forum) such as Klasse, Zaino and Blackfire. I`m just learning about these, but I know they can be layered on top of each other...with each layer adding more "mirror-like" shine. Generally, these will produce a much better shine when compared to normal polish/wax.

Before you do all of this though, I suggest you check the condition of your paint. Run your finger lightly over the paint and if you feel lumps/bumps, then you should probably get a clay-bar first. Then check for swirls in the paint. If there are any, you should probably remove them (after the clay bar) with either 3M Swirl Mark Remover or Meguiar`s Swirl Remover (both great products).

And about the little white dots - I beleive there was a thread a while ago about someone else with white dots in his/her car too...Try searching for it.

:up

oorc51
04-30-2002, 07:34 PM
btw, here`s a pic of my integra after meguiar`s polish and a layer of meguiar`s wax. :cool:

My wax is startin to wear off, so I`m gonna prep it up for some Klasse AIO/SG pretty soon.

oorc51
04-30-2002, 07:41 PM
One more...

samiam513
04-30-2002, 08:06 PM
Andre, i`m 100% certain there not rock chips. This is becasue the are ontop of the paint, and may also be removed with the fingernail

I don`t think they ar elike intel1486`s (who had the other problem) becasue his were casued by bird crap.

I`m kinda stuck here becasue of that.

imported_RIC
04-30-2002, 08:18 PM
It sounds like some white paint overspray. Maybe someone was painting white parking lines or white paint road markings and some paint somehow got on the car? It should easily be removed with a clay bar(if that is what it is).

samiam513
04-30-2002, 08:50 PM
I allready claybarred. I have no neighbors within shouting distance either, and noone at my house cares enogh to paint anything. Anyone else have any ideas?

I`m stuck. When it stops raining i`m gonna try a dawn wash again. but other than that..........:nixweiss

Lemonxxs
04-30-2002, 08:58 PM
How about a picture of these specs?

Rcs476
04-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Maybe tree sap? Could have dropped on the wax while it was curing?

Or, if you are using a PC, did you lift it before you turned it off? Could be excess spatter from the product flinging off the pad.

YoSteve
04-30-2002, 10:46 PM
well it could be anything, add some water and feel and smell it

does it happen when you garage the car or no?

it could be the devil playing tricks on you considering your location :xyxthumbs

samiam513
05-01-2002, 06:14 AM
lol steve thats it!! he owed me for when i put flaming dog poo on his doorstep in a bag. damn... sux to play jokes on the devil.

I think it might be the tree sap. I`m gonna lookinto that. the truck never ever sees a garage so that is very likely.

imported_BretFraz
05-01-2002, 07:44 AM
I can`t believe clay wouldn`t remove a surface contaminent. Look at this stuff using a magnifying glass or a little handheld magnifier (I bought one at Radio Shack). If it really is on the surface of your paint then clay should remove it. It could be anything: Tree sap, tar specs, bird doo, bug doo, iron filings, carbon deposits, paint overspray, anything.

You could try a dab of paint thinner or wax & grease remover to see how that works. It`s gonna take a little creativity on your part to fix this.