PDA

View Full Version : Car Show Shine?

zenith09
04-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Assuming you had 150 dollars and access to a porter cable machine, what would you do to a car that was about to enter a car show?

Assume the car has been kept in good shape, washed every week, waxed/polished when needed.

Assume you have 7 days to prepare the car.

What would you do?

imported_BretFraz
04-30-2002, 05:11 PM
I`ve done this before. It`s a lot of work. When I get some energy I`ll try to post my methodology.

In the meantime, what kind of car, what kind of paint, what kind of show, what class, what level of competition?

Oh, and what`s being used on the car now and when was the last time it was done?

04-30-2002, 05:16 PM
Im doing that this weekend, here is the plan

1) Plain ol car wash

2)clay the whole vehicle with clay magic

3) Wash again or spray with water

4)SMR via PC

5)meguiars #9 2.0 or AIO via PC

6)meguiars #7 show car glaze

7) top off with blitz wax

hit up the interior, door jambs, rims, and wheels wells, and you are set for showtime!

zenith09
04-30-2002, 05:41 PM
Uh that`s alot of questions hahahha

In the meantime, what kind of car, what kind of paint, what kind of show, what class, what level of competition?

Oh, and what`s being used on the car now and when was the last time it was done?

Let`s just say it`s a car show "for fun" ie nothing serious, just respect and bragging rights ^_^

Let`s say it`s being washed weekly with Meguiar`s #00 or #68 (whatever their shampoo/conditioner is), waxed monthly with Meguiar`s Medallion, polished every 3k miles with Meguiar`s #7, and cleaned every 6mo`s with Meguiar`s Medallion Cleaner. After every wash Final Inspect is used. Let`s just say the car has been blessed by Meguiar`s hahahha.

rd_volvo
05-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Just a tip.

If you use carnauba let it cure for about 3 to 4 days

before your comp. This is when a carnauba hits it`s

high point and it usually lasts about 2 weeks.

Before that you get a little new carnauba haze.

My 2

BradE
05-01-2002, 01:22 PM
There could be a whole range of options here. I echo Bret`s post, we need more info. If it`s just a local show and shine you could do quite a bit for $150. But, if we are talking Concours level $150 ain`t gonna cut it.