PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Souveran

truvette
04-30-2002, 12:07 PM
I tried doing a search on this and not too much came up that was helpful.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had tried this product and how is it in terms of durability?

Pats300zx
04-30-2002, 12:14 PM
Are you talking about Pinnacle Souveran?? You might try a search under those words. The wax is incredible and I just started using it. Trust me you won`t be disappointed. It is an excellent product. :up

imported_BretFraz
04-30-2002, 12:53 PM
I know that Liquid Souveran is fairly new to the product line. I think the consensus is that it is not just like Souveran paste but its some kind of concoction CMA has come up with. So far I can`t think of anyone who has used it.

"Normal" Souveran is so easy to apply/remove that I honestly don`t see a benefit to a liquid version of it. Liquid waxes/polishes exist to make application by buffer easier. But how can anyone improve on what is super easy in the first place?

Sounds like more of a marketing thing than anything - -

"Souveran for people who don`t want to pay for or apply Souveran".

Rcs476
04-30-2002, 01:12 PM
I too can attest to how easy Souvern is to apply, took me about 15 minutes last night. Used hardly any product too :up

If it were a liquid, I would have probably used a TON more.

It is nearly impossible to put the whole experience of applying Souveran into words, it is that simple and that good.

imported_doug
04-30-2002, 01:14 PM
to me the only benefit to a liquid wax is the ability to apply it by machine - and Souveran paste is So easy and fast, you will WANT to apply it by hand. I would go with the paste.

bjwebster
04-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Dont liquids generally contain less wax then their paste counterpart. Therefore not giving the whole "Souveran Experience" :confused:

truvette
04-30-2002, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I just wanted some opinions on Liquid Souveran as I was planning on using it as a base for my paste wax of Souveran. On Pinnaclewax.com`s website, they claim the liquid form has polymers and will last up to six months. Therefore, it would be a durable coating under my paste wax of Souveran, somewhat similar to having a base coat of Klasse and then applying wax.

jdog1988
04-30-2002, 05:47 PM
I personaly purchased some Liquid Souveran. CMA does not sell it! I bought it from the driver`s seat in Palm Beach. With my experience of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. I tell you now to stick to the paste verison for now. Liquid was an excellent idea. But it lacked alot of (lets say character) from the paste. It is a lot harder to remove, the clarity is o.k. nowhere as noticable as the paste, and you don`t get near the slickness afterwards. When I went back to the store to address my opinion towards the product. The people at the driver`s seat were nice to say that they are still working out the bugs in PLS. A new formula will be available later this year.

In Thinking... It is my guess that maybe CMA did not approve this product to sell to it`s customers based on maybe the performance of PLS. I would take a hugh guess that when CMA starts to sell PLS (if they do), that it would be the new formula. Only time will tell. jj:nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
04-30-2002, 05:54 PM
I just checked CMA`s website and noticed that Liquid Souveran is not sold by them. I wonder why? CMA mfr`s the Pinnacle line. PBMS/AutoGeek/Drivers Seat/whoever is their big distributor-dealer of it. I wonder if CMA made a special product just for them. Or allowed them to source a product and use the Souveran name on it.

Jeez, there`s so much nepotism-like things going on in Florida with car care products that we`ll prolly never know the truth. I`ll stick with the plain ol` Souveran paste, thank you.

vettefan67
04-30-2002, 10:22 PM
The rights to the Pinnacle name are also owned by Bob McKee ((561)733-8011) of www.pinnaclewax.com . Liquid "Souveran" has little if anything in common with the real stuff.

Scottwax
04-30-2002, 10:28 PM
I really can`t see any advantage of a liquid form of Souveran. The paste is like rubbing warm butter on the paint. I`ve never used a paste or liquid wax that goes on and off as easy as Souveran, and certainly nothing that makes the paint look so wet.